Roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for weeknight meals or Sunday Supper! Great for brunch or leftovers the next day as well! This recipe uses minimal oil and creates the crispiest potatoes ever! Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and Whole30!
I spent most of my childhood and early adulthood learning how to cook while watching cooking shows! One of the best tips I picked up watching those shows was how to make the most perfect roasted potatoes every time! I’m going to share with you the tips I learned so you can make the best roasted potatoes at home with minimal oil!
How to make healthy roasted potatoes:
- Cut the potatoes into uniform sized cubes. You can leave the skin on or take it off.
- Soak the potatoes in water for an hour after cutting them into cubes. This helps develop potatoes that are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Right before cooking drain the potatoes and shake off excess water. Place a parchment paper or silicone liner down on a rimmed baking tray.
- Spray the potatoes with coconut oil or avocado oil and roast under high heat (450F) for 30-35 minutes!
What to serve Whole30 roasted potatoes with?
- As a side dish to your favorite protein and veggies
- The base of a super simple breakfast hash
- On the side of everything bagel smoked salmon and asparagus for a simple healthy meal
- Topped with chimichurri sauce on a burrito bowl
- As a side to veggie burgers or sundried tomato turkey sliders
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
How to reheat these roasted potatoes so they continue to stay crispy?
If you make extra roasted potatoes and want to eat them again the next day, you can make sure they are just as crispy and delicious by heating them up in the oven or air fryer.
- To reheat in the oven simply preheat the oven to 400F and bake for 10 minutes until crisp and reheated
- To reheat in the airfryer simply use turn the air fryer to 350F and bake for 7 minutes.
If you love these roasted potatoes, you should try these recipes:
- 10 Minute Ranch Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- 5 Minute Creamy Kale
- Wash and cube red potatoes. Add potatoes to a large bowl of water and allow to soak for 1-2 hours if possible.
- Drain water from potatoes and allow to air dry, for 5 minutes while oven is preheating to 450F.
- Once oven is preheated, add potatoes to a roasting sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Spray the top of the potatoes with coconut oil or avocado oil and add salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 450F
- Take potatoes out of the oven after 20 minutes, and stir to redistribute potatoes and ensure all sides are getting brown. After 30 minutes check the doneness of the potatoes by poking them with a fork. If the fork easily slides in they are done.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!