If you love poached eggs but don’t want to go through the hassle of making them one at a time on the stove, you are going to love these tips on how to make the perfectly poached eggs in the oven!
These eggs are naturally gluten free, paleo, Whole30 and vegetarian and are the perfect addition to any meal!
Why this recipe works
- Depending on how long these poached eggs cook in the oven, the yolk can be runny (like poached eggs) or well done just like hard boiled eggs.
- These are great for meal prep, you can make 12-24 eggs at the same time, without having to watch the pot boil!
- Eggs are the perfect way to add protein to just about any recipe. These eggs would be great over salads like this shredded brussel sprout salad or on top of hash like this apple brussel sprouts hash.
- Poached eggs can be intimidating but these eggs are so easy to make! You cannot mess up this recipe!
How to make oven poached eggs perfectly in muffin tins
- First you need to preheat your oven or toaster oven. Spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Next add 1 tablespoon of water to each muffin tin cavity that you plan on adding your eggs to.
- Next crack an egg in each cavity that you added the water to. Then you will simply just bake your eggs in the oven until they reach the desired doneness.
– For runny egg yolks, you will want to bake for 10-13 minutes
– For more done eggs (think a hard boiled egg) bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the eggs and lift them from the muffin tin with your knife.
Tips on making oven poached eggs
One thing to note is that because you added water to the muffin tins, you will have to test the eggs by pressing down on the top of the eggs or take one out and cut it in half. The eggs will look undercooked because the water will move to the top of the eggs.
To remove the eggs from the pan, simply use a spoon to remove them! If you feel like they are sticking to the muffin tin, you can first go around each egg with a knife but they should easily come out with a spoon.
How to serve poached eggs
Here are a few ideas on how to best serve your eggs.
- Serve on the side of waffles or pancakes: Low Carb Cauliflower Waffles, Protein Banana Waffles, Savory Parsnip Waffles, Protein Pancakes
- To add protein to breakfast hash like this Apple Sweet Potato Hash, Sweet Potato Brussel Sprouts Hash, Apple Brussel Sprouts Hash
- On top of salad like this Cruciferous Crunch Salad or Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
- On bagels for a quick breakfast on the go!
- Alongside of veggies for a low carb meal (like air fryer roasted zucchini or air fryer frozen broccoli)
- Added to chicken apple sausage sheet man meal for a breakfast for dinner meal.
How to make Perfectly Poached Eggs in the Oven
Guided Recipe Video
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 large eggs
- non-stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a muffin tin, spray each cavity with non-stick spray. Once sprayed add 1 tablespoon of water to each cavity of the muffin tin.
- Crack 1 egg per cavity of the tin (making 1 or 12 at a time).
- Bake in the oven for 10-16 minutes, depending on desired doneness. For runny yolks cook 10-13 minutes. For firmer yolks cook 13-16 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and remove the eggs from the muffin tin using a spoon. Serve hot, room temperature or cold.