If you love poached eggs but don’t want to go through the hassle of making them one at a time on the stove, you are going to love these tips on how to make the perfectly poached eggs in the oven! These eggs are naturally gluten free, paleo, Whole30 and vegetarian and are the perfect addition to any meal!
Why this recipe works?
- Depending on how long these poached eggs cook in the oven, the yolk can be runny (like poached eggs) or well done just like hard boiled eggs.
- These are great for meal prep, you can make 12-24 eggs at the same time, without having to watch the pot boil!
- Eggs are the perfect way to add protein to just about any recipe. These eggs would be great over salads like this shredded brussel sprout salad or on top of hash like this apple brussel sprouts hash.
- Poached eggs can be intimidating but these eggs are so easy to make! You cannot mess up this recipe!
How to make oven poached eggs perfectly in muffin tins
Step 1: First you need to preheat your oven or toaster oven. Spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
Step 2: Next add 1 tablespoon of water to each muffin tin cavity that you plan on adding your eggs to.
Step 3: Next crack an egg in each cavity that you added the water to. Then you will simply just bake your eggs in the oven until they reach the desired doneness.
- For runny egg yolks, you will want to bake for 10-13 minutes
- For more done eggs (think a hard boiled egg) bake for 13-15 minutes.
Step 4: Run a knife around the eggs and lift them from the muffin tin with your knife.
Tips on making oven poached eggs
One thing to note is that because you added water to the muffin tins, you will have to test the eggs by pressing down on the top of the eggs or take one out and cut it in half. The eggs will look undercooked because the water will move to the top of the eggs.
To remove the eggs from the pan, simply use a spoon to remove them! If you feel like they are sticking to the muffin tin, you can first go around each egg with a knife but they should easily come out with a spoon.
How to serve perfectly poached eggs
You can serve perfectly poached eggs over
- Low Carb Cauliflower Waffles (Whole30/paleo),
- Apple Sweet Potato Hash (Whole30/paleo)
- Low Carb Cauliflower Tostadas (Whole30/paleo)
- Cruciferous Crunch Salad (Whole30/paleo)
- Low Carb Cauliflower Bagels (Whole30/paleo)
If you want more meal prep breakfast recipes:
How to make Perfectly Poached Eggs in the Oven
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 large eggs
- non-stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a muffin tin, spray each cavity with non-stick spray. Once sprayed add 1 tablespoon of water to each cavity of the muffin tin.
- Crack 1 egg per cavity of the tin (making 1 or 12 at a time).
- Bake in the oven for 10-16 minutes, depending on desired doneness. For runny yolks cook 10-13 minutes. For firmer yolks cook 13-16 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and remove the eggs from the muffin tin using a spoon. Serve hot, room temperature or cold.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
Update Notes: This recipe was originally posted in September 2018, but was published again in May 2019 to include step by step directions and a video.