Greek Spaghetti Squash salad is the perfect weeknight dinner or lunch idea and a fun new way to eat spaghetti squash! This low carb recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and Whole30 friendly and made with easy to find ingredients!
This recipe for Greek spaghetti squash salad is like a Greek pasta salad that uses spaghetti squash instead of traditional pasta! It’s light but filling and super flavorful! The best part is that you can easily make this ahead of time and the flavor just continues to get better!
The trick of this Greek spaghetti squash salad is to make the marinated onions and allow them to work their magic while the spaghetti squash cooks! The dressing for this pasta salad comes from the oil and vinegar that the onions marinate in.
How to cook spaghetti squash
To make this dish in 30 minutes or less, check out my top tips on how to cook spaghetti squash fast! You can use the microwave, the pressure cooker or the oven.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and cook on high pressure for about 8 minutes. Manually release the pressure and shred the spaghetti squash with a fork.
How to make sure the spaghetti squash isn’t watery
To make sure that the spaghetti squash doesn’t water down the pasta salad, place the spaghetti squash strands in a mesh colander and press down gently. This will help remove any excess water.
How to make marinated onions
Marinating onions helps to take out the bitter punch from the onions and makes them almost sweet and the perfect addition to any salad! I use equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar and add in salt and dried oregano.
In a bowl combine equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar (3 tablespoons of each). Add in 1 tsp dried oregano and ½ teaspoon of salt.
Thinly slice 1/2 of a red onion. Add the red onion slices to the olive oil and red wine vinegar mixture. Allow the onions to marinate while the spaghetti squash is cooking.
What do you need to make Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Spaghetti squash
- Marinated red onions
- Chopped spinach
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
How to make Greek Spaghetti Squash salad
- Start by making the marinated onions.
- Cook the spaghetti squash and make sure to get rid of as much excess liquid as you can.
- Add the spaghetti squash to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir well to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with your favorite protein (shrimp, chicken, chickpeas, tofu, salmon) for a complete meal!
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad Recipe Video
What else could you add to this Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad:
- Roasted red peppers
- Artichoke hearts (marinated)
- Feta cheese
- Sliced olives
If you like this Greek Spaghetti Squash Recipe you have to try these recipes:
- Vegan Creamy Asian Spaghetti Squash Recipe (Vegan, Whole30)
- Greek Zoodle Bowl (Vegan, Whole30)
- Chopped Greek Salad (Vegan, Whole30)
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and oregano in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onions and add them to the olive oil and red wine vinegar mixture
- Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Make the marinated onions
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and cook it in the pressure cooker for 8 minutes on high pressure or place in the microwave for 10 minutes
- After done cooking in the pressure cooker, manually release the pressure.
- Scrape out the seeds and scrape out the strands of spaghetti squash from the skin.
- Place the spaghetti squash in a metal colander and gently push on the spaghetti squash to remove any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine the spaghetti squash with the rest of the ingredients (including the liquid from the marinated onions). Stir well.
- Serve warm or cold. Add your favorite protein