Skillet Italian Chicken is the perfect addition to your quick and easy weeknight dinners! This recipe is ready in just 10 minutes and is packed with flavor from simple pantry ingredients! Even your kids are going to be asking for seconds!
Why this recipe works:
- This recipe is fast, flavorful and so easy to make! It requires minimal prep work and is bursting with flavor!
- The chicken cooks up in just 10 minutes, with no need to marinate the chicken.
- This recipe would be great for weekend meal prep! The chicken would be great on salads, pizzas, in pasta or wraps!
- This 10 minute skillet Italian chicken recipe is Whole30, paleo, low carb and keto friendly!
- Pair it with mashed garlic cauliflower and veggies for a low carb meal or with artichoke pesto pasta for a filling weeknight meal!
What is Italian Seasoning?
Italian seasoning is usually a blend of these dried herbs:
Most brands have a different combination of dried herbs. This seasoning is very easy to find in the grocery store.
How to make 10 Minute Skillet Italian Chicken:
Start by combining the Italian seasoning, lemon juice and garlic olive oil (see substations below) in a large bowl, stirring well.
Trim the chicken breast (or thighs) into 1 inch cubes, using kitchen shears.
Add the cubes of chicken to the Italian seasoning and stir well.
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the Italian chicken to the skillet and let cook 4-5 minutes, don’t touch the chicken.
After 4-5 minutes, move the chicken around frequently with a spatula until all sides are browned and chicken is cooked to 165F internally.
- Chicken: This recipe is great using boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- TIP: If you are looking to save time with prep, use chicken tenders, as they will be faster to cut down.
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil: if you cannot find garlic infused olive oil (I get mine at Trader Joe’s, but it can also be bought online), you can use 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Refrigerator: Store the cooked Italian chicken in a airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Freezer: Cooked Italian chicken should be cooled all the way down in the fridge before being transferred to the freezer. Freeze in individual portions in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Make ahead tips:
If you need dinner on the table in 10 minutes, you can prep the chicken ahead of time by cubing the chicken with kitchen shears and adding the Italian marinade up to 8 hours ahead of time. If you need to make it even more in advance, don’t add the lemon juice until right before cooking, as it can start to make the chicken tough if marinating too long in lemon juice.
Can this recipe be doubled or tripled?
Yes! However, you will likely need to cook the Italian chicken in batches, since you don’t want to overcrowd the pan. This will allow all sides to get browned without overcooking the meat.
Ways to use these Italian Chicken Bites:
- As the main protein with your favorite side dishes
- Salad greens with Creamy Balsamic Dressing or Creamy Italian Dressing
- In wraps
- On flatbread (with this creamy cauliflower hummus)
- On pizza
- On pasta
What to serve with 10 minute skillet Italian chicken?
- 5 Minute Blistered Tomatoes
- Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Spiralized Rutabaga Pasta
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh
If you love this chicken recipe, you should try:
- 10 Minute Ranch Chicken
- 10 Minute Taco Chicken
- Juicy Oven Baked Chicken
- Oven baked chicken drumsticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
10 Minute Skillet Italian Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, lemon juice, garlic infused olive oil and salt. Stir well.
- Cut up the chicken breast into 1 inch cubes using kitchen shears. Add directly to the Italian seasoning marinade.
- Stir the chicken well, making sure it's coated on all sides.
- Preheat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 4-5 minutes without touching the meat, allowing it to sear well.
- For the next 4-5 minutes, stir the chicken occasionally, making sure all sides get browned.
- Substitution for garlic infused olive oil is 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tsp. garlic powder.
- If you don’t have chicken breast you can also use chicken tenders, turkey breast, boneless skinless chicken thighs. Just know that the chicken thighs might take an extra minute or two to cook.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container! Or in the freezer in individual portions in the freezer for up to a month in a freezer safe bag.