These vegan garlic rosemary potatoes are easy to make but full of flavor. Without any added butter or milk, they are sure to please everyone at the table, as they are vegan, gluten free, and DELICIOUS!
Garlic and rosemary potatoes, simply prepared with salt and olive oil. Sounds too easy right? Well this recipe will ensure that you don’t have to deal with getting the lumps out of your potatoes or the potatoes getting sticky and gross. Nothing is worse than the potatoes that turn into glue. I shudder just thinking about that. What a deal breaker.
So that is why I make these potatoes for most of my family celebrations. They are not fussy, don’t require a lot of attention and are ready in 20 minutes. You can literally have your kids make these once they are drained if you chop the garlic and rosemary for them. They are that easy.
What do you need to make these simple garlic rosemary potatoes
- Red potatoes
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh Rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make these vegan garlic rosemary potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into equal size chunks, making sure they are at least bite size. No need to peel the potatoes
- Place the potatoes in cold water and cover the pot. Be sure to salt the water.
- Cook the potatoes until fork tender (see instructions for how to tell)
- Drain the water. Add more salt, the fresh chopped garlic and rosemary, and olive oil to the potatoes and stir well
Can this recipe be served cold?
Yes this recipe can be served hot or cold and can easily be reheated if you decide to make it ahead of time.
If you love this simple garlic rosemary potato recipe you should try:
Vegan Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
- 1 lb. red potatoes rinsed and quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt divided
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped and measured after chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover in cold water. Add 1 tsp. salt.
- Cook potatoes over medium high heat, covered until water is boiling. Cook an additional 6-10 minutes until fork tender (you can easily stick a fork through the potato without much resistance)
- Drain the potatoes and add back to pot you cooked them in.
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt immediately. Stir. Add remaining ingredients and stir until all coated with rosemary and olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- This can be easily be doubled or tripled.
What About You?
- Do you have any vegans or vegetarians coming for thanksgiving dinner?
- Do you have a go to dish that you like bringing to get togethers?