Start your day with these simple low carb savory cauliflower waffles! They are paleo, whole30, vegetarian and seriously so good! These waffles kind of taste like pizza and are just as addicting!
Why you’ll love these Savory Cauliflower Waffles
I have obsessed over getting a waffle iron for 3-4 years now. Every time I would see a waffle recipe I would try to recreate it with pancakes. For more recipes, I was able to recreate it with no problem, but I’ve always wanted to make savory waffles! Waffles just seem like that perfect breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner food you know?
Well, I finally got my waffle iron. It’s ceramic and AMAZING! If you need a waffle iron, I highly recommend this one! And what was the first thing I did? Make protein waffles… that stuck to the waffle iron. I was devastated! But Dave suggested I spray the waffle iron (even though it says not to) with coconut oil and it works perfectly so if you get this waffle iron, ignore the directions and use non-stick spray! Once I discovered the waffle iron works perfectly, I set out to make all the waffles I could think of!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I became a pro at making protein waffles and even sweet potato waffles but I found myself craving waffles on my low carb days! I tweaked the recipe for my cauliflower tostadas, hoping that they would turn out to be savory cauliflower waffles, and these more than exceeded my expectations! As soon as Dave smelled these cauliflower waffles cooking, he came into the kitchen asking where his waffles were too! Anytime I can get Dave to ask for cauliflower, it’s a winner!
So these waffles are pretty simple. I do take help from the store and start with frozen riced cauliflower (Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods). You will need to either cook the cauliflower rice in the microwave (6 minutes on high) or on the stove (medium heat with a lid for about 7-10 minutes). Once the rice is fully cooked, you are ready to go. The rest of the prep will take you 2 minutes!
I made these low carb savory cauliflower waffles with an organic Tuscany Blend seasoning. It’s just like Italian seasoning, but a little bit more intense because it has the organic tomato in it. Seriously one of my favorite Italian seasonings! However, you could easily adjust the recipe for your favorite southwestern or Mexican seasonings and serve them with guacamole and a fried egg! I think that is how I will enjoy them tomorrow (I may be a little obsessed)!
Simple Low Carb Savory Cauliflower Waffles
- Cook the frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave for 6 minutes (or on the stove with a tight fitting lid for 10 minutes over medium heat).
- Preheat your waffle maker
- Once the cauliflower rice is cooked, add the ground flax and coconut flour. Stir well
- Add the egg whites, salt and Tuscan Herb Blend. Stir well to fully incorporate.
- Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray (coconut oil) and add 1/2 of the cauliflower mixture to the waffle iron. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Once the waffle has cooked for 6 minutes, remove it from the waffle iron and make the next waffle.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Do you have a waffle iron?
- Have you ever made savory waffles?
- What is your favorite topping for waffles?