Apple Brussels Sprouts Hash is the perfect breakfast, lunch or side dish for dinner! Ready in just minutes and packed with flavor, this brussel sprouts hash is vegan, gluten free, paleo, Whole30 friendly.
Why this recipe works:
- This recipe is ready in about 10 minutes and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Simply pair with your favorite protein for a complete meal! Goes great with eggs, chicken, chicken sausage, chickpeas or salmon!
- The apples and balsamic vinegar add a touch of sweetness to the brussel sprouts making them irresistible! If you think you don’t love brussel sprouts, you need to try this recipe!
- Apple brussel sprouts hash is the perfect healthy brunch idea, and is perfect for entertaining! This recipe is gluten free, vegan, paleo, Whole30 and lower in carbs!
- This recipe is great for meal prep as well! Make a big batch and enjoy it all week!
How do you make Apple Brussels Sprouts Hash?
- Start by shredding the brussel sprouts. There are 2 ways to do this, one way is to chop them thinly with a sharp knife and the other way is to use the food processor to shred the brussel sprouts quickly.
- Once the brussel sprouts are shredded, you can get them cooking in a hot skillet while you peel and chop the green apple.
- After the brussels have cooked for a few minutes, add the chopped green apple, salt, garlic powder and balsamic vinegar to the brussel sprouts. Stir well and allow the apples to cook down slightly.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
- Add the chopped nuts and stir well. Serve hot with your favorite protein!
How do you shred brussel sprouts with a food processor?
The 2 ways to shred brussel sprouts with a food processor
- Use the shredding attachment on the food processor and add the brussel sprouts 1-2 at a time to shred down. An entire pound will take about 1 minute using this method.
- Use the regular blade of the food processor and add 10-12 brussel sprouts at a time and pulse until the brussel sprouts appear shredded. Continue in batches until all the brussels have been shredded.
What nuts can you use in this recipe?
Make ahead tips:
- Brussel sprouts can be shredded up to 3 days ahead of time. Just store them in a airtight container to keep them fresh. You can also buy brussel sprouts already shredded to help save time.
- Apples tend to brown if you peel/cut them early. To make sure the apples don’t get brown and mushy, add a bit of lemon juice to the apples if you decide to prep them the day before.
- This entire recipe can be cooked ahead of time (during meal prep) and reheated easily in the microwave or on the stove top.
What are some ways you can eat this simple brussels sprouts hash:
- Serve it with fresh fried eggs over top!
- Stir in shredded chicken for a simple salad
- Add dried cranberries, tuna and creamy balsamic dressing
If you loved this Brussels Sprouts Hash Recipe as much as I do, check out
- Paleo Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Sauce
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Apple Sweet Potato Hash
- Ground Beef Sweet Potato Rice Breakfast Bowl
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Apple Brussels Sprouts Hash
- Carefully shred the brussel sprouts using a sharp knife or the food processor (see post for ideas on how to use the food processor)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil and sliced brussel sprouts.
- Peel and chop the apple, while the brussel sprouts are cooking.
- After the brussel sprouts have been cooking about 5 minutes, add the apple, garlic powder, salt, balsamic vinegar and stir well
- Cook 5 more minutes. Add chopped nuts.
- Remove from heat and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are adding eggs, in a separate non-stick pan, crack 2 eggs at a time into the pan. Cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your desired consistency.
- Use the shredding attachment and add the brussels 2-3 at a time until the entire pound is shredded.
- Add the brussels directly to the food processor with the normal blade. Pulse to shred (about 10-12 brussel sprouts at a time).
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!