You won’t want to have your breakfast any other way after you try this smoked salmon frittata. This frittata is high in protein, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and is made with simple ingredients that don’t require any cooking before you make the frittata.
This smoked salmon frittata is so simple to make, I decided to make a video to showcase just how easy this is to throw together. You need about 2 minutes of prep and about 25 minutes in the oven to create this seriously mouthwatering breakfast (or anytime of the day) meal. My favorite, you can make it ahead of time and it’s great cold or at room temperature. Hey be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel, I will be creating lots of new easy recipes to share with you in 2016!
Smoked salmon is not something I grew up eating. Honestly until a year ago I never tried it. Which is funny because I will eat raw salmon on sushi like it’s going out of style. Anyone want to do a meet up over sushi?? I suddenly have a craving!! Ok back to this dish. Smoked salmon, I guess I figured it wouldn’t be good, but boy was I wrong. It adds a smokey flavor without being “too fishy” and it works perfectly as the star of the show in this frittata. It’s also great as an appetizer, check out these simple smoked salmon cucumber bites that would be perfect for holiday entertaining!
Frittatas and egg bakes, why do I love them so? Well let’s just admit it, time is a valuable resource we don’t seem to have enough of. And healthy eating is often the first thing to go from our list of priorities because it can take so much time. I mean who has time to make a meal from scratch every single day, let alone breakfast! Well that shouldn’t mean boring or even worse unhealthy breakfast (I’m looking at you donuts)! When I have time I like to make egg white collard wraps, pancakes, or easy egg white kale wraps. When I know I’m going to be rushing out the door though (ahem everyday), I like to make crustless quiche, turkey sweet potato egg bakes, overnight oats on Sunday afternoon to help me get through the week. All of these dishes can be made ahead of time and just popped in the microwave, eaten cold
in the car while driving to work, or at room temperature. That’s how you keep being busy out of the equation when you want to eat healthy.
I have put together healthy, gluten free meal plans to help people who are trying to eat healthy but just can’t seem to find the time. I get it. If you are trying to make breakfast, lunch and dinner from scratch, heck even one of these from scratch everyday, you are quickly going to find yourself out of time and likely discouraged. But I want you to dominate your healthy living lifestyle. So I created a meal plan that you can download for free that you can use to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the entire week. You will find simple recipes that are not only healthy, but they are tasty too! I have had so many positive reviews on these meal plans, it makes me so happy to know I’m helping other people reach their goals by providing them this resource. Make sure you download your free meal plan now! It’s updated with calories and macronutrients for each meal, to help you achieve your goals, without any of the headache.
Watch how easy it is to make this Smoked Salmon Frittata in the video below.
Smoked Salmon Frittata
Guided Recipe Video
- 1 package smoked salmon - chopped
- 1 roasted red and yellow peppers - chopped
- 1/2 bag frozen kale - defrosted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 carton egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put the frozen kale/spinach in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain out the liquid from the kale by squeezing the water out over the sink. Add salt and stir.
- Chop the smoked salmon and roasted red bell pepper.
- Spray 2 pie plates with non-stick spray. Divide the defrosted kale, roasted red pepper, and smoked salmon between the two pie plates
- Whisk 4 eggs in the bowl you defrosted the kale in. Add at least half the egg whites to the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly between the two pie plates. Add the rest of the egg whites to the two pie plates.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Serve cold, room temperature or hot
What about you?
- What is the first thing to go when you get busy?
- Do you plan your meals for the week before you go shopping?
- Do you eat breakfast?