This vegan asparagus spring salad is the perfect simple lunch recipe that will leave you feeling full and satisfied without much work! This asparagus spring salad is vegan, paleo, grain free, Whole30, dairy free and nut free! It’s also perfect the next day so you can make it, dressing and all the night before without any worries!
Spring is right around the corner (the daffodils are starting to bloom at the park) and I’m craving salad and veggies like crazy! The early spring is such a fun mix of winter veggies (like cauliflower) and spring veggies like asparagus and artichokes! One thing I have been trying to consistently focus on is my vegetable intake throughout the day.
Some days its so easy for me to have some brussels and eggs for breakfast, pancakes or some other sweet thing I’ve been recipe testing for lunch and a chocolate mug cake for dinner. That just has to stop. I buy so much fresh produce at the beginning of the week and I really hate to throw it away. Usually this means I make a big batch of soup, but now that it’s spring time (almost) I’m going to start trying to have a salad everyday!
This asparagus spring salad is perfect for busy days and will remove most of my excuses around eating veggies. The asparagus cooks up in about 6 minutes and can be done in big batches on Sunday afternoon. I buy frozen cauliflower rice and can defrost a bag in under 5 minutes in the microwave. Add some homemade dressing and greens and you have a yummy, filling salad in just a few minutes.
This salad is so simple but full of flavor. I modified the salad dressing from my cruciferous crunch salad. This dressing is so good, I swear I make it at least 2-3 times a week. This dijon tahini dressing is vegan, dairy free and nut free. If you have an allergy to sesame seeds, you could also use sunflower seeds in the dressing instead of tahini!
If you are like me and constantly throwing together a meal at the last minute, you are going to love having this vegan asparagus spring salad recipe in your back pocket for those busy days! Just add your favorite protein or hemp hearts for a little extra staying power.
Vegan Asparagus Spring Salad
- 1 bag frozen organic riced cauliflower
- 1 pound asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 6 cups organic wild arugula
- Microwave the frozen organic riced cauliflower for 5 minutes to defrost (or steam it on the stove in a medium pot, covered, for about 5 minutes)
- While the cauliflower rice is defrosting, chop the asparagus and add it to a large skillet with 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add the asparagus to the cauliflower and add the chopped roasted red pepper and red onion.
- Make the Dijon Tahini Dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and stirring well until combined fully
- Add the dressing to the asparagus and cauliflower mixture. Stir well
- Add the arugula and stir. Serve immediately or place in the fridge until the next day.
What about you?
- What is your favorite spring vegetable?
- Do you start craving salads when it gets warm?