These simple paleo crab cake recipe is ready in just under 10 minutes, made with pantry staple, and could not be easier to make! Gluten free, grain free, paleo, whole30 friendly and packed with flavor!
There are some nights I get home from teaching and all I want to do is pour a bowl of cereal and veg out. But this girl has serious portion control issues with cereal so I can’t keep it in the house. Check out How to Stop Binge Eating for more information on why I don’t keep cereal in the house. I’m sure you have had those nights too. You walk in, you are tired, hungry and on the verge of eating all the food in the house. Yup that’s me at least once a week.
That’s why I create recipes like these simple paleo crab cake recipe. You literally throw everything in a bowl, mix and cook. And you only have to flip then once (horray). Done in like 6-7 minutes. And if you are lucky and did some meal prep earlier in the week, you likely have some roasted veggies to serve this with, and a healthy dinner is on the table in under 10 minutes. That’s faster than takeout or delivery!
Oh and did I mention that these simple paleo crab cakes are affordable? Yup, I used canned crab meat in this crab cake recipe. This girl is on a budget! I tried to keep the ingredients to a minimum, all things I have in the pantry or fridge 24/7. Almond meal, egg whites, fresh parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. So simple and so light. No heavy breading or filling here!
I remember the first time I’ve ever tasted a crab cake. My step-dad used to order crab cakes anywhere we went if they were on the menu. Then he would rate them against his “favorites”. He would always share a bite with my sister and I if he thought they were good! I grew up strict vegetarian from 13-22 so I had never had crab cakes in my life. That’s such a fun memory for me to look back on. I’m not sure where these crab cakes would fall on his rating scale, since I used canned crab and all. But they are light and flaky, and not drenched in butter or oil which were always things he looked for!
You can make as many of these crab cakes as you need depending on your family situation. I make 2 cans at once so I can have them for a meal later on as well. Dave doesn’t eat crab so I get these babies all to myself. I would say that one can of crab would feed probably 1 to 1 1/2 people depending on what else you are serving with the meal. Simply double the recipe if needed.
Simple Paleo Crab Cake Recipe
- Open the canned crab and squeeze out all the liquid. You don't want the water to be in the recipe.
- Add the crab to a medium bowl. Add the egg white, almond meal, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and fresh parsley and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 6-8 patties.
- Spray nonstick pan with coconut oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the crab cakes and cook 3 minutes each side, flipping carefully.
- Let sit for 1 minutes off the heat with a lid to ensure all the egg has cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold
What about you?
- What is your favorite 10 minute meal idea?
- Do you ever make crab cakes at home?
- What is one food you never tried until your 20’s?