You will have so much fun checking off these 12 outdoor spring activities! And it’s not too late, spring is right around the corner. It’s time to get outside and enjoy the weather. Many of us have been stuck inside for months, time to get outdoors and get some much needed Vitamin D!
This year Dave and I are really going to work hard to get outdoors more during the spring. It’s tough with allergies, but the weather right now is so amazing. I love spring the most because it gets so warm here in the South early in the year but the bugs don’t really come out for another month or so. That means I’m going to try to fit as much in as possible during the next few weeks! Here is my list of must do outdoor spring activities. I would love to hear yours!
12 Outdoor Spring Activities
- Be quiet in nature – spring is the time that I love to hang out in the hammock on the back porch and just enjoy the sound of the birds chirping, the sun on my skin and finding gratitude in the season. Spring is the time of rebirth and it’s a great time to refresh your attitude as well!
- Take a yoga class outside! I am going to try my hardest to find a few outdoor yoga classes to take before the humidity and the bugs take over down here in the South!
- Hike a new trail – we live less than two hours from the mountains, and I’m hoping to get a day trip in to the mountains to hike a new trail this spring! It’s so fun to see the leaves budding on the trees.
- Have a picnic in the park or on the trail. With a big blanket, some fresh berries and cold brewed coffee of course!
- Walk about the historic neighborhoods nearby and enjoy the blooming trees and flowers.
- Jog/run/sprints outdoors. Yes yes yes, this is the only time of year that I crave running. It’s not humid, it’s not freezing and the weather at 6pm is absolutely perfect for running!
- Visit the local farmers market! Remember asparagus is in season, so go check out what your local farmers are offering!
- Climb trees. Dave can tell you that if I’m walking around the park for any period of time, I’m usually going to end up in a tree before the walk is over.
- Visit the zoo! What a great time of the year to go see the animals at the zoo. The weather is perfect!
- Visit the local botanical garden or gardens. Dave and I went to The Biltmore House the first year we were dating and the tulips and other spring flowers literally took my breath away. Spring flowers are really the best!
- Plant organic fruits and veggies! Last year I waited too long to plant our veggies so this year it’s going to be a priority!
- Visit an outdoor adventure like the White Water Center here in Charlotte. Last year we went paddle boarding but there is so much more to do there. I hope we can go do the rock climb and the zip line sometime this spring!
If you love being outside then make sure to check out this Fall Outdoor Activity List!
What about you?
- So tell me what is on your must do list this spring. I almost added fly a kite but I don’t have a kite to fly or it would have been on this list!!
Friday 18th of March 2016
These are great ideas to get active this spring. I have terrible allergies so that does make it a little hard. I try to press through though. Thanks for sharing you ideas!
Thursday 17th of March 2016
These are all great ideas! I think 5 and 7 are my favorites. :)
This post has made me miss NC so much, too. I was hoping to make it there this month, but now it won't be until the fall. Good thing these ideas will still apply then! In the meantime, the Florida heat will have to do ...
Tuesday 15th of March 2016
I can't get outside ENOUGH! I crave being outdoors like thirsty people need water. Thank you for sharing these ideas. Visiting from the #HomeMattersParty
Regina L. L. Wells
Sunday 13th of March 2016
Great inspirations to make the most of this Spring. You've already got me thinking, Sam. Thank you for sharing these. I really love the climb the tree idea! #LinkLove
Kristy @ Southern In Law
Saturday 12th of March 2016
Whenever the weather is warm I am ALWAYS outside - whether it's heading out for a hike, gardening, or just generally getting out and doing something I love being outdoors!