Crunchy broccoli salad with lemon tahini dressing is a simple healthy twist on a classic dish! This simple salad only has 9 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make! Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, low carb, Whole30 and keto friendly! Perfect for weeknight dinners, cookouts or meal prep!
Why you will love this recipe
- No cooking required! This salad requires no cooking and made with just a few healthy ingredients
- Great for meal prep! Since there is no lettuce in this salad, it can be made ahead of time, perfect for parties or meal prep
- There is no mayo or dairy in the dressing, making this salad perfect for summer cookouts or for parties
- The homemade lemon tahini dressing is so easy to make and better than store bought dressing
How do you make Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Check out the step by step process on how to make healthy broccoli salad.
Start by chopping the broccoli florets into bite size pieces. Add them to a large bowl.
Chop the red onion, roasted red pepper, and canned artichokes (drained) into bite size pieces. Add these all to the broccoli florets in the bowl.
Coarsely chop the walnuts, making sure the walnuts are big enough to add texture but chopped enough so they are easy to disperse throughout the salad.
Combine all the ingredients for the lemon tahini dressing in a bowl. Stir well 1-2 minutes until the dressing comes together (it will look like it doesn’t want to at first, keep stirring).
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Stir well. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- If the dressing is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until reaches desired consistency.
- If the dressing is to thin, add 1 tablespoon of tahini at a time until reaches desired consistency.
- If you don’t have tahini, you can also use almond butter or sunflower seed butter to make this dressing.
- You can use store bought broccoli florets to save time, but you will still want to cut them down into bite-size pieces before adding to the salad.
Other toppings you could add
- Chopped apples
- Chopped bacon
- Chilled cooked pasta
- Chilled cooked potatoes
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded red cabbage
How long does broccoli salad last in the fridge
This crunchy broccoli salad with lemon tahini dressing is the perfect side dish for weeknight meals, family cookouts or even meal prep! This salad should last 3-4 days in the fridge after the dressing is added, so it’s perfect to make ahead of time!
This salad can easily be doubled or tripled and can withstand being out in the heat because there is no egg or dairy!
How to make this a full meal
To make this a full meal, add your favorite protein! You can easily mix in your favorite protein like:
- Canned salmon or tuna
- Shredded chicken
- 10 Minute Italian chicken or Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Air fryer salmon or air fryer frozen shrimp
- Cooked chicken sausage
- Chickpeas or white beans (vegan)
- Hemp hearts (vegan)
More broccoli recipes
- Low carb cheesy broccoli cauliflower soup (Instant Pot)
- Healthy Broccoli 4 Ways
- Broccoli Tots
- Whole30 Broccoli Cheese Muffins
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Broccoli Slaw Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Vegan Broccoli Casserole
- Vegan Broccoli Cranberry Walnut Salad
If you love this recipe, you should try
- Cruciferous Crunch Salad
- Paleo Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Balsamic
- Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
- Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Tahini Ranch
Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing$4.77 Recipe/$1.19 Serving
Guided Recipe Video
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped - $1.65
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup) - $0.09
- 1 medium roasted red pepper - $1.00
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped (in water, drained) - $0.62
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped - $0.24
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 5 tbsp tahini - $0.62
- 3 tbsp water - $0.00
- 1 medium lemon, juiced - $0.42
- 1 tsp garlic powder - $0.10
- 1/2 tsp salt - $0.03
- Chop the broccoli into bite size pieces and add the broccoli to a large bowl.
- Chop the red onion into a small dice so that it easily incorporates without being over powering. Add to the broccoli florets in the bowl.
- Drain the water/liquid from the roasted red pepper and artichoke hearts. Chop into bite size pieces. Add to the broccoli and red onion.
- Chop the walnuts into small enough pieces that they are easy to distribute in the salad but not so small that they lose their crunch.
- Make the dressing and stir it into the salad, combining well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt in a jar. Stir well to combine. See post for instructions if too thick or too thin.
Thursday 18th of March 2021
I love roasted red peppers, artichokes, lemon and tahini. Broccoli and walnuts are good for you. This is a perfect blend. I love it and will make it again.