These super simple salmon bites are the perfect appetizer, salad topper or game day treat! They are also gluten free, grain free, paleo, allergy friendly, and Whole30 approved! And I might be just a little bit obsessed with making these!
If you guys haven’t noticed, I LOVE making salmon cakes! Have you tried my buffalo salmon cakes or my curry salmon cakes with cilantro lime dressing yet? Oh those curried salmon cakes would be perfect made into little salmon bites for the game as well!
I have been a pescatarian for about 10 years now. Before that I was 100% vegetarian and fun fact I don’t think I’ve ever had a steak or bacon (gasp). So protein is usually fish, eggs or some sort of vegan protein source (dairy does not sit well with my stomach sadly). As you can imagine, it’s very difficult for me to meal prep my protein since eating reheated fish is pretty gross (and makes the house smell).
But these little salmon bites are THE BEST meal prep item! They get super crunchy in the oven and taste amazing COLD on salads or will heat up quickly in a warm skillet or in the toaster oven if I want to eat them hot the next day. What I love the most about these simple salmon bites is the taste though. They taste like everything seasoning, like the stuff you put on your bagels. Yeah, they are so good!
So if you are like me and are always looking for a way to eat more seafood but don’t love the idea of cooking it every night, you have to make a big batch of these super simple salmon bites ASAP! Oh and by they way, these are so perfect as an appetizer for a party, since they are paleo and whole30, and aren’t shellfish (yay for being allergy friendly). If you are going to make these for the game, I highly recommend you making this dairy free allergy friendly creamy garlic sauce for dipping. It’s ready in 1 minute and is perfect with a handful of fresh parsley or cilantro tossed in for dipping!
I used green banana flour in this recipe. Green banana flour is full of magnesium and potassium and is also a source of resistant starch which feeds the good bacteria in your gut! But if you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry! You can use coconut flour as a 1 to 1 substitute!
For this recipe I used the boneless, skinless canned salmon (in water) from Trader Joe’s. Each can is 6oz. They also carry a great canned salmon at Costco called Kirkland’s Signature Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon that I love as well! Be sure to drain your salmon well, squeezing out as much of the water as possible. I usually pick up at least 2 of the 6 packs of this every time we go to Costco.
Super Simple Salmon Bites
These simple salmon bites are the perfect appetizer, meal or game day snack! They are gluten free, grain free, allergy friendly, paleo and Whole30 approved!
- 2 cans salmon (6oz cans)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp green banana flour or coconut flour
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 400F
In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado.
Drain the salmon and add it to the mashed avocado.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until well incorporated
Place a sheet or parchment paper or silicon liner on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and take about 1-2 tbs. of the mixture in your hand and form a small flat disk with the salmon mixture. This recipe should make between 14-16 salmon bites
Bake at 400F for 17 minutes. Take out and flip. Cook another 3 minutes.
Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
Super Savory Recipes
- Air Fryer Hot Wings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Bacon Ranch Skillet Nachos by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers by My World Simplified
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Beer Battered Mushroom Bites by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Bourbon Beef and Bean Chili by Cooking on the Ranch
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread wtih Bacon by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Nachos by Simple and Savory
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Football-Shaped Meat and Cheese Plate by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Spinach Dip by Wholistic Woman
- Hot Mexican Dip Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Oven Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Piglets in Milk Bun Blankets by Wild Wild Whisk
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dippers by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pork Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Stout Braised Meatballs with Bacon Jam by Gourmet Everyday
- Super Easy Spicy Green Onion Dip by Cooking Chat
- Super Simple Salmon Bites by Bites of Wellness
Sweet Super Recipes
- Mexican Buñuelos (Cinnamon and Sugar Fritters) by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Peanut Butter and Caramel Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Easy S’mores Dessert Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Touchdown Turtle Brownie Bites by Soulfully Made
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
* this post may contain affiliate links.