This roasted cauliflower guacamole is going to change your guacamole game forever! No really, it's gluten free, vegan, paleo, whole30 friendly and FULL OF VEGGIES! And yes it's good enough that you can serve this to your picky family members, no one is going to know! Cauliflower is there anything you can't do!
So this is my first blog post from Texas! Dave and I have finally settled in, we are making our way through boxes, and we have unpacked enough to find all my photography equipment and my kitchen knives. Seriously they were in the very last “kitchen” box I could find. I was starting to get really scared they got lost. So if you haven't heard, Dave and I moved to Austin from Charlotte to pursue our dream of opening a gym! We bought a Burn Boot Camp franchise and will be opening our first location in October here in the West Austin area. Be prepared for lots of pictures on snapchat, instagram and facebook over the next few months!
I can tell you we have already started learning a few things about living in Texas during our first week here. On Tuesday night we had a scorpion in the house!!! I've since been warned to always shake out my shoes before putting them on, apparently scorpions like to hide in shoes! OMG what! Yeah I think Texas is going to be a fun adventure!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
So my very first recipe from Texas needed to be something with a Texas flare right? Well avocados were like $0.50 cents each and the limes were 10 for a dollar so guacamole was just calling my name! This recipe is actually reminiscent of my paleo zucchini hummus. If you loved that recipe, you have to try this roasted cauliflower guacamole! All you need is a food processor or blender and some key ingredients.
What makes this roasted cauliflower guacamole recipe extra special, the cauliflower of course! I usually make 2-3 heads of cauliflower roasted in the oven during meal prep on Sunday. Since I knew this was going to become puree, I didn't bother to make the cauliflower pretty when I cutting it off the stalk, just chopped it into even size pieces. sprinkled with a pinch of salt and about 1/2 tbs. coconut oil. Roast for about 25-30 minutes, and viola, perfection.
The reason I roasted the cauliflower was to try to remove some of the excess moisture from the cauliflower. That and you get a nice roasted flavor which goes well with the guacamole. I let the cauliflower chill in the fridge for a few hours, but if you don't have time for that I would at least wait for it to come down to room temperature. After all no one wants hot guacamole!
The rest of this roasted cauiflower guacamole recipe is pretty standard, avocado, limes, salt, garlic, red onion, tomato and a dash of cayenne pepper. I like to keep my guacamole pretty simple Sometimes I add a teaspoon of cumin when I want that smoky undertone but today I went pretty classic!
Want to get your kiddos to eat more veggies! All you need is a food processor or high speed blender, I swear. For this recipe, you will need to add the cooled roasted cauliflower to the food processor first. Process until almost smooth. Add 2 small or 1 large avocaodo cubed, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp. of salt to the food processor and blend until well incorporated. Add the minced garlic, chopped red onion and cilantro. Process until smooth. Since I prefer chunkier guacamole, I added 1/2 avocado cubed, 1 small roma tomato cubed, and chopped red onion for texture and flavor. Make sure you make more than you think you need! It's addicting!
Check out how easy it is to make this guacamole in the video below!
This Paleo Avocado Zucchini Hummus is calling your name!
Roasted Cauliflower Guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Remove the cauliflower from the stalk, and chop into bite size pieces (so everything will roast quickly). Add to a foil or parchment paper lined pan.
- Add the cauliflower florets, 1/2 tbs. coconut oil (melted) and a pinch of salt to the tray. Toss well to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 450 until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room tempertature or place in the fridge to cool
- Add the cooled roasted cauliflower to the food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Add 2 small or 1 large avocaodo cubed, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp. of salt to the food processor and blend until well incorporated.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped red onion and cilantro. Process until smooth.
- Remove the guacamole from the food processor into a serving bowl. Add 1/2 avocado cubed, 1 small roma tomato cubed, and chopped red onion for texture and flavor. Stir well. Taste for seasoning add optional cayenne pepper and stir.
- Serve with fresh veggies or your favorite chips!
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Have you ever added a hidden ingredient in food to make it healthier?
- What is your favorite way to eat guacamole?
- Have you ever been to Texas before? Did you see any crazy bugs?