Spice up your snacking with this whole30 chipotle carrot dip! It’s the perfect complement to veggies or your favorite tortilla chip! Whole30, paleo, vegan, gluten free, grain free and so easy to make! All you need is a food processor and about 15 minutes.
I started Whole30 on July 1st and one of my main goals was to cut out all of my mindless snacking, you know the trips to the pantry where handfuls of nuts or a spoonful of nut butter would happen 2-3 times a day. I didn’t think much of this snacking but after reviewing my habits I noticed this added to some major extra calories to my day. Of course I always had the “this is better than cookies or junk food” mindset but really, if I’m eating without being hungry, is it really better?
That’s a discussion for another day and I promise to come back to it soon! But really, what I should be leaning towards is getting in more veggies in my day, even when I’m snacking. I know I feel better when I take this approach as well. But I can only have so many handfuls of sugar snap peas or slices of cucumber before I start getting bored. Enter this spicy chipotle carrot dip. It’s the perfect Whole30,paleo approved dip that is not only so simple but it’s also packed with veggies.
I love a spicy dip because it forces me to slow down when I’m eating it, I just can’t handle too much heat at once. I have a feeling I will be making this dip over and over again during my Whole30 experience. Why carrot dip? Well because I get so many carrots in my CSA box and I don’t want to let any of them go to waste, and I might have accidentally bought a bag or two from Trader Joe’s as well (don’t tell Dave). But really carrots are an inexpensive base and they add a fun contrast to the smoky, spicy kick from the chipotle powder.
This dip doubles as a simple, healthy, flavorful sauce as well! I added it to roasted brussels sprouts and canned salmon for an amazing lunch! So I highly advise you to make double or triple the amount in the recipe below if you plan on sharing this paleo chipotle carrot dip with anyone, it goes so fast! Lucky for me, Dave doesn’t like anything spicy, so I don’t have to worry about sharing!
Take this paleo chipotle carrot dip with you to your next summer cookout or get together, it won’t spoil in the sun and it compliments guacamole perfectly. If you have time, you should try it with this roasted cauliflower guacamole for a veggie packed party!
Whole30 Chipotle Carrot Dip
- 1 pound organic carrots peeled and cut into small coins
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Adobo Seasoning I used Wildtree
- ½ -1 tsp. Chipotle Powder depends on your level of heat
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water or more
- Steam the carrots until tender. Let them cool at least 5 minutes before adding to the food processor.
- Add the carrots to the food processor along with the juice of 1 lime and the pumpkin seeds. Process until smooth (you may need to scrape down the sides a bit). Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth. You may need to add more water depending on the consistency you want and the amount of water in the carrots.
- Allow to cool, serve garnished with cilantro and chopped pumpkin seeds (optional).
Loving this Chipotle Carrot Dip? Check out the Turmeric Carrot Hummus Dip!