This Greek Zoodle Bowl is a simple, easy summer meal that is ready in minutes, full of flavor and packed with veggies! Vegan, paleo, whole30, gluten free, grain free and delicious!
The end of summer usually means an abundance of zucchini and tomatoes. Instead of giving away all your extra produce, make this Greek Zoodle Bowl with all those ingredients! This zoodle bowl is packed with all the flavors of your favorite Greek Salad but with even more filling veggies! I can’t get over of how easy this was to throw together. Summer is the best time for inexpensive produce, so enjoy it before we are in the land of pumpkins and butternut squash everything!
This Greek Zoodle Bowl would be the perfect lunch, as the zoodles won’t wilt like traditional lettuce does in your favorite Greek Salad. Yes that means you can make this the night before, dressing and all, and enjoy it the next day for lunch, without wilty lettuce. The cucumbers and zucchini will give off a little water but that will be at the bottom of the bowl mixing with the dressing, so that won’t be a problem at all.
My cousin brought to my attention that most healthy lunch ideas are often salads, and that salads tend to get boring, especially if you tend to repeat the same ingredients over and over again. I think changing up the ingredients to include things like zoodles is the perfect way to spice up that old salad recipe! The zoodles take a bit longer to eat and bring a new texture and feel to that boring old salad you’ve been eating everyday for the last year! So if that is the rut you are in or maybe you are hoping to start bringing a healthy lunch to work, try this Greek Zoodle Bowl!
To make this zoodle bowl even more filling, try adding your favorite protein, like chickpeas, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, or salmon. I added hemp hearts for protein, healthy fats and to add texture to the dish. If you eat feta cheese, that would be a great addition to this salad as well!
Want more easy to make summer dishes? Try this simple spiralized squash with red pepper sauce, tomato spinach quinoa salad, margherita pasta salad, tomato avocado salad with reduced balsamic, and simple vegetable eggplant pizza!
The key to making this meal in just a few minutes, is a good spiralizer. When Dave and I started The Healthy Dish Company, we had zoodles on the menu almost every night. We went through about 50 zucchini a night and the spiralizer we used was great, never caused any issues and stayed sharp. I use the Inspiralizer (affiliate link) it stays in place, is so easy to use and you don’t have to worry about chaging out the blades, they are all built in!
Greek Zoodle Bowl
- 2 zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 English cucumber spiralized
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 tbs. chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup jarred artichokes chopped
- few sprigs of parsley chopped
- 1 sprig of mint leaves removed, chopped
- 3 tbs. hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning with oregano I used Fronteir Brand
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 sprig mint leaves removed, chopped
- Spiralize the zucchini and cucumber and divide in two bowls
- Chop the veggies and herbs, divide betweent the two bowls
- Add the hemp hearts and anything else you want to add for protein
- Make the dressing in a small container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the seasoning, red wine vinegar, olive oil and chopped mint. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over the salad, enjoy!
What about you?
- What is your favorite way to enjoy end of summer produce?
- Do you normally take a salad to work for lunch?
- What kind of spiralizer do you have?