Make this mango salsa salmon for a quick and easy dinner tonight. Ready in under 10 minutes, this gluten free, grain free, paleo, Whole30 approved mango salsa salmon is the perfect way to enjoy a healthy and delicious dinner, even on a busy weeknight!
So I have a confession to make. I have never in my life had any luck peeling or slicing a mango. Please tell me I’m not alone! But even if you are like me and cannot figure out how to cut and peel a mango, you can still enjoy this mango salsa salmon recipe!
How to make salmon in under 10 minutes?
Cooking fresh salmon in under 10 minutes is possible using the method I describe in this 7 minute salmon post! Essentially you start the salmon on the stove in a hot pan and then place the salmon under the broiler to finish. This method leaves you with crispy skin and it’s ready so quickly! Just be sure you have a pan that can go in the oven (stainless steel or cast iron is best).
If you buy frozen salmon, be sure to defrost it before trying to make this 7 minute salmon recipe.
TIP: If you forget to defrost the salmon and it’s individually portioned, you can quickly defrost salmon by placing in on a baking sheet on your counter. I’m not sure exactly why this works but the metal pan helps the fish defrost in like 20 minutes. Just be sure to flip it at least one time.
How to make homemade mango salsa
This homemade mango salsa salmon uses frozen mango that is defrosted in the fridge. No need to learn how to cut and peel a mango to make this super fresh mango salsa! What else do you need for mango salsa:
- Red bell pepper
- Red Onion
- Lime juice
This mango salsa is the perfect contrast to salmon, and the bite from the lime is keeps it from being too sweet. Perfection if you ask me!
How to serve Mango Salsa Salmon:
- In a bowl with cilantro lime cauliflower rice and sliced avocado
- On top of a lettuce leaf with crunchy cabbage for a simple taco style meal.
- Burrito bowl style on top of shredded romaine with cauliflower rice, some chopped veggies and cilantro lime dressing!
If you love this Mango Salsa Salmon Recipe you should try:
- Cajun Salmon Sheet Pan Meal
- Everything Bagel Salmon
- Smoked Salmon Sushi Rice Cakes
- Curry Salmon Cakes with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Easy salmon bites
- Whole30 Crab Cakes
Mango Salsa Salmon
- 4 fillets of salmon with the skin on
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups defrosted mango chunks slightly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers cored and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cook the salmon according to the 7 Minute Salmon Recipe
- While the salmon is cooking, chop the mango, red bell pepper, red onion and cilantro. Add these ingredients to a bowl and squeeze lime juice and sprinkle with salt. Mix to combine.
- Taste before spooning the salso over the salmon.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.