Make dinner interesting with this whole30 Mexican cauliflower rice side dish! It’s ready in 10 minutes and is so easy to make! Vegan, paleo, grain free and is perfect for meal prep as well!
One thing you may not know about me is that growing up, I always looked forward to taco night! My mom would get the crunchy taco shells, chop up tomatoes and lettuce and we would have sour cream and salsa. It was a big deal, and I ALWAYS looked forward to that meal! The funny thing is that we didn’t have anything I think of now when I say “Mexican’ food for dinner. No rice, not beans, no fajita style veggies, no cilantro and certainly no guacamole. It was the 90’s and I guess things were just simpler then.
But luckily since then I’ve been able to experience so many fun dishes at Mexican restaurants. My favorite is fajitas and I love when they would serve my meals with Mexican rice! That always “made” the dish! This whole30 Mexican cauliflower rice has all those flavors that I love and is even easier to make!
Now I can fill my homemade burrito bowls with this Mexican cauliflower rice, fajita style veggies and grilled shrimp for a simple, satisfying meal. Of course if it’s low carb day you better believe I’ll be having that burrito bowl with a big serving of roasted cauliflower guacamole and salsa!
This whole30 Mexican cauliflower rice is the perfect side dish for taco Tuesday or a super simple meal prep side dish you can use a thousand different ways. This Mexican cauliflower rice would also be great with slow cooker shredded chicken and store bought salsa or on a bed of salad green with mango lime vinaigrette for a quick meal prep lunch as well!
If you love this recipe and want to find other ways to use cauliflower rice check out some of my favorite posts:
Check out this video and see how easy it is to make this Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
Whole30 Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the avocado oil and coat the bottom of the pan
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen cauliflower rice and cook well until you can break apart any large chunks.
- Add the spices and stir well. Cook until hot all the way through
- Once the dish is done cooking, add the lime juice and chopped cilantro
What about you?
- What meal did you look forward to having when you were a kid?
- Did your Taco Tuesdays have more than chopped lettuce and tomato?
- I didn’t even know guacamole was a thing until I was like 20, what about you?