This Mediterranean vegetable soup is the perfect weeknight dinner. This soup is ready in under 30 minutes, requires no chopping, and is vegan, paleo, Whole30, grain free, gluten free and delicious!
There are some nights where no matter what I do, I can’t get motivated to cook. Sometimes it’s because I’m exhausted from the day, other times it’s because I’m just burnt out from recipe testing all day and need something simple and nourishing. Because even though it sounds fun, eating cookies for dinner is not as glamorous as it sounds.
So I started keeping frozen vegetables in the freezer for occasions like this. I personally love soup. It’s like a warm hug in a bowl! And I love soup even more when it’s this easy to make! Seriously there is less work to make this soup than there is to make a salad.
GET MY 10 FAVORITE EASY VEGAN SOUP RECIPES
Why Mediterranean Vegetable Soup is Perfect for Getting in More Vegetables
And soup is the perfect way to eat more vegetables! So if you don’t have these frozen veggies on hand, be creative with what you do have. Maybe frozen green beans, carrots, peas, stir fry mixture or even frozen cauliflower florets. But I like to keep the Mediterranean veggies from Whole Foods in my freezer for soup. It’s a fun blend of peppers, zucchini squash, carrots. I also added in some frozen kale to pump up the veggie action without any extra work!
Simmer these veggies with a can of crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth and some simple spices and in 30 minutes, you have homemade soup! And don’t worry, it tastes much better than anything you can get from a can but is just as easy!
If you love this recipe and love quick and simple soup recipes, you should try Simple Frozen Vegetable Soup
Whole30 Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bag frozen Mediterranean Vegetables - see below for substitutions
- 1/2 bag frozen organic kale - or frozen spinach
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes - (no added salt)
- 2 cups vegetable broth - low sodium
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt - (or more, to taste)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat
- Add avocado oil and coat the bottom. Add the frozen veggies and stir 3-4 minutes to start to defrost the veggies
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer (about 5-6 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes
- Serve hot
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 1 cup frozen peppers and onions
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Do you have a favorite go to weeknight meal?
- Do you keep your freezer stocked with frozen veggies?