Crockpot Ranch Chicken is the perfect weeknight protein to go with any meal! This recipe is simple to make, only requires a few ingredients and it’s super versatile! Perfect for meal prep too!
Why this recipe works
- Crockpot ranch chicken is perfect for those weeknights when you know you are going to need dinner on the table quick!
- Slow cooker ranch chicken is the perfect protein for any meal! Add it to tacos, put it on salads or pizza, stack it on sandwiches or wraps or stuffed in potatoes!
- Want a creamy version of this crockpot ranch chicken? Just add some homemade dairy free ranch for a super flavorful recipe!
- This healthy ranch chicken recipe is great for most diets too! This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, paleo, keto and Whole30 and can easily be made low FODMAP!
- Great for meal prep! This recipe can easily be doubled!
Check out a step by step story on how to make Whole30 Ranch Chicken in the slow cooker.
Start by combining your ranch seasoning with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Stir well.
Coat the chicken in the ranch mixture and close the lid to the crockpot.
Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
Once done cooking, shred the chicken.
- You can serve this chicken whole or shredded. If you choose to shred the chicken, it’s easiest when the chicken is still warm. I recommend shredding it in the crockpot so it can absorb some of the liquid the chicken released when cooking.
- If you are worried about the chicken drying out, I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. They are more budget friendly and are much more forgiving and tend to stay tender and juicy.
- Make this for meal prep! You can easily double or triple the ingredients to make this for meal prep! You can even freeze leftovers in single serve blocks to use later in the month!
How to use the chicken in meals?
- Top a large salad with shredded ranch chicken and homemade dairy free ranch dressing.
- Make spicy chicken salad by combining the shredded ranch chicken with creamy chipotle ranch dressing and serve it in lettuce wraps.
- Use the crockpot ranch chicken in burrito bowls with Mexican cauliflower rice, homemade guacamole, spicy tahini sauce and salsa.
- Add the shredded ranch chicken to creamy butternut squash noodles (Whole30 friendly)
- Serve with greek veggies and green cauliflower rice in collard green wraps.
How to make this creamy ranch chicken
After shredding, add ½ cup of dairy free ranch dressing to the chicken.
What ranch seasoning should you use?
I use my own spice blend of chives, parsley, dill and salt (see the recipe below).
If you are short on time or don’t want to make your own spices, you can always use your favorite ranch packet seasoning, you will need about 2 tablespoons.
What is the best way to shred chicken after cooking?
There are 2 ways to shred the chicken easily after cooking in the crockpot.
- Use two forks and gently pull the chicken apart.
- Place the chicken in your stand mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer) and using the paddle attachment, shred the chicken by turning the mixer on. This takes about 1 minute. This is great for large batches.
What kind of chicken is best for crockpot ranch chicken?
You can use chicken breast, boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or even turkey breast for this recipe. Chicken thighs are higher in fat so if you plan on using them for meal prep, make sure to heat up the chicken before serving once refrigerated, as the fat from the chicken thighs can congeal and is less appetizing unless warm.
How to make this low FODMAP?
Instead of garlic powder, you can use garlic infused olive oil.
What kind of crockpot to use?
I have this crockpot and I love it! I like that you can choose the cook time in 30 minute intervals and the lid seals tightly. It also has a paddle to stir the food (for soups, etc.) but I rarely use that attachment.
What are some good pre-made ranch spice blends?
Balanced Bites makes the best organic spice blends.
- If you have leftover crockpot ranch chicken, you can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
- The slow cooker ranch chicken can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Make sure you allow the chicken to cool completely and place in a freezer safe container.
If you love this recipe, you should try
- Instant pot BBQ chicken
- Greek chicken and veggie sheet pan meal
- Slow cooker turkey meatballs
- 10 Minute Ranch Chicken
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
Crockpot Ranch Chicken$7.50 Recipe/$1.88 Serving
- Combine the garlic olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chives, parsley, dill and salt in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken to the ranch seasoning and coat well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks.