Simple corn homemade salsa is a fresh, healthy recipe that you can make anytime of the year. This recipe is the perfect side dish or topping for your favorite burrito bowl or taco Tuesday. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and super simple to make!
What do you need to make the best homemade corn salsa:
- Cooked fresh corn (grilled or boiled)
- Red onion
- Lime juice
What other ingredients can you add to this homemade corn salsa:
- Black beans or kidney beans
- Roasted red pepper
- Sliced jalapeno
- Chopped roasted poblanos
- Queso Fresco (or even goat cheese) if you can tolerate dairy
What to serve this vegan corn salsa with?
- Taco night! Serve on top of fresh tacos, burrito bowls, or even enchiladas!
- As a topping for salmon or chicken to add some flavor and color
- On the side of your favorite cookout items
- On eggs leftover roasted or grilled veggies for a simple breakfast scramble.
How to cut fresh corn from the cob
- Once the corn is cooked and cooled enough to handle, here is how you can easily cut the corn away from the cob and not make a huge mess.
- Get two bowls, one small and one pretty large. Flip the small bowl upside down and place it in the center of the large bowl.
- Hold the ear of corn firmly on the upside down small bowl. Cut down the length of the cob in sawing motion, going around the entire ear of corn. All the kernels will fall into the large bowl, leaving you with NO MESS to clean up after.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
If you love this this homemade corn salsa, you should try:
- Mango salsa salmon
- Roasted cauliflower guacamole
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- 10 Minute Black Bean Soup
- Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
Simple Corn Homeade Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn - about 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2-4 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 juice of limes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cook the corn first by boiling it in water for 5-6 minutes or cooking on the grill for 10-15 minutes. Allow the corn to cool.
- Cut corn from cob, see the post for tips on how to do this without making a mess.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the corn. Stir and refrigerate 30 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican dish or on the side of your favorite dish.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!