Eggnog is pretty much my go to coffee flavor once the cold weather strikes. That being said, you better believe there is a carton of eggnog hanging out in my fridge (and in my coffee) now that it’s dropping down in the 30’s outside. Now this eggnog granola is no eggnog latte, but it is pretty fantastic and has just enough of an eggnog flavor to appease me.
Luckily I found Coconut Nog and Silk Holiday Nog on the shelves right next to their milk laden friends. Milk and I have a very tumultuous relationship and we are currently not talking. The ingredients in the Coconut Nog passed my initial skepticism and honestly, I decided I was getting eggnog, so the ingredients were really only an after thought.
This eggnog granola on yogurt with a big cup of coffee has been my go to breakfast for the past few days. It was really the only thing that got me through the political ads that would play during my breakfast all last week. But granola made it better. At least temporarily (I eat way to fast).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add kamut and rolled oats. In a smaller bowl combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir until all dry ingredients are coated with wet ingredients.
- Spread into a single layer on parchment paper. Bake 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, pull out of oven and stir to redistribute the granola so even cooking can occur. Stir again with 5 minutes remaining.
- After 30 minutes, take out of oven and add additional nutmeg and stevia. Stir and allow to cool on baking sheet 5-10 minutes. If granola isn't fully cooked after 5 minutes of cooling, place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week (hahah it won't last a week)
If you like this recipe make sure you try the Pumpkin Spice Granola as well!
I must say I’ve been hoarding it from Dave, not wanting to share after the initial taste test. I am distracting him from the granola by sharing my pumpkin gingerbread cookies (recipe coming soon), so don’t feel too bad for him 🙂 Oh and he gets Pancakes, and now you can too!