Indulge in this simple chocolate protein pudding. It’s vegan, dairy free, gluten free, simple to make and you likely already have the ingredients on hand! Oh and it’s packed with over 30 grams of protein and ready in about 2 minutes!
We are doing a carb cycling challenge at our gym Burn Boot Camp Lakeway TX and I know my ladies are going to need s sweet snack to get them through the second low carb day we have each week! I go to this recipe often, just because it is so simple and delicious! Who doesn’t love chocolate pudding right? I have been loving these high fat high protein days but I know how hard they can be if you don’t have some killer recipes up your sleeve!
This simple chocolate protein pudding is much simpler than the chocolate avocado pudding I’ve made before, and it’s definately not as rich. This recipe only has a few ingredients and doens’t need a blender or a food processor. Only one bowl to dirty! My kind of dessert!
I used Vega One Performance Protein in chocolate in this recipe. It hast 30 grams of protein per serving and is seriously so good! If you are not using this protein powder, I would start with 1/2 cup of milk and continue to increase it until you get the consistency you want. You can use either coconut butter (my personal favorite) or almond butter in this recipe. I would advise that if you are using almond butter you use very cold milk so that the almond butter will help make the pudding consistency.
Top your simple chocolate protein pudding with anything you desire! I love unsweetened coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and a drizzle of melted coconut butter on low carb days. On higher carb days I add sliced strawberries or raspberries.
Simple Chocolate Protein Pudding
- Combine the protein powder, cacao powder and milk in a bowl. Once fully incorporated, add the melted coconut butter and stir well until you have a pudding consistency.
- Refridgerate or serve immediately.
- Note whey protein, start at slightly less than 1/2 cup of milk and add more as needed. You may need to set this up in the fridge for 30 minutes for the best texture
What about you?
- What is your favorite flavor of pudding?
- Have you ever tried carb cycling or a lower carb diet before?
- What snack do you just have to have everyday? I clearly need chocolate 🙂