Chocolate protein pudding is the perfect afternoon snack or healthy dessert! This low carb high protein pudding is ready in about 2 minutes and is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and so easy to make! Only 4 ingredients!
Why this recipe works?
- This creamy rich pudding is the perfect solution to your sweet tooth cravings!
- The chocolate is rich and decadent but also extremely satisfying from the protein and healthy fats!
- This is the perfect low carb snack or meal!
- The best part is that it only has a few ingredients and you can easily make the pudding in 2 minutes with just a spoon and a bowl, no fancy equipment needed!
How to make chocolate protein pudding
- Start by adding the protein powder and cacao powder to a bowl with cold dairy free milk
- Stir stir stir until all the clumps are mostly removed and the pudding is thick and glossy!
- Once the pudding has most of the lumps removed, stir in your choice of nut or seed butter. Eat immediately or store in the fridge for later
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
What kind of protein powder should you use to make this thick chocolate protein pudding?
This recipe is written to use a vegan protein powder. Vegan protein powders act almost like flour and absorb a ton of liquid. This works well in this recipe because it helps create a thick and creamy chocolate pudding. However, you can make this protein pudding without vegan protein powder, you will just have to adjust the ingredients a bit (see below).
I use Nuzest Pea Protein, which is one of the cleanest protein powders I have been able to find. No added sweeteners or artificial ingredients or sweeteners, it's the only protein powder I buy. If you want to try Nuzest, you can use the code below at checkout to get 15% off your order!
Can you use a different protein powder?
If you are using a whey or collagen protein powder, start with 1/3 cup of dairy free milk and continue to increase it until you get the consistency you want. Also note that the added nut butter or seed butter will help thicken the pudding and add some richness to the pudding!
What toppings go best with chocolate protein pudding
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- fruit (banana, strawberry, raspberry)
- drizzled almond butter
- chopped nuts
- hemp hearts
If you do not have any protein powder and want to make this protein pudding, you could also use 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and add cacao powder and your favorite sweetener (stevia, maple syrup, coconut sugar).
You can use either coconut butter, almond butter, sunbutter or even tahini in this recipe. TIP: very cold milk will help thicken the consistency of the protein pudding since it will harden the nut/seed butter.
To make this protein pudding vanilla, use a vanilla protein powder and reduce the liquid to 1/2 cup of dairy free milk.
If you love this chocolate protein pudding recipe you should try:
- High protein oatmeal 4 ways
- Vegan black bean brownies
- Single Serve Protein Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Single serve Protein brownies
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Simple Chocolate Protein Pudding
- Combine the protein powder, cacao powder and milk in a bowl. Stir well until most of the lumps are fully removed. Start with 3/4 cup of dairy free milk and add a little at a time so it doesn't get too runny.
- Once the lumps are gone, add the creamy almond butter or melted coconut butter and stir well until you have a pudding consistency.
- Refrigerate up to 8 hours or serve immediately.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
Update Notes: This recipe was originally posted in January 2017, but was published again in May 2019 to include step by step directions, new photos and a video.