Chocolate protein pudding is the perfect afternoon snack or healthy dessert!
This low carb high protein dessert is ready in about 2 minutes and is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and so easy to make! Only 4 ingredients!
Why this is the best protein powder dessert
- This creamy rich protein dessert is the perfect solution for your sweet tooth!
- The chocolate is rich and decadent but also extremely satisfying from the protein and healthy fats!
- This is the perfect low carb snack or meal!
- The best part is that it only has a few ingredients
- You can easily make the pudding in 2 minutes with just a spoon and a bowl, no fancy equipment needed!
How to make chocolate protein pudding
Step 2: Stir stir stir until all the clumps are mostly removed and the pudding is thick and glossy!
Step 3: Once the pudding has most of the lumps removed, stir in your choice of nut or seed butter. Eat immediately or store in the fridge for later
What kind of protein powder should you use to make this thick chocolate pudding recipe?
This recipe is written to use a vegan protein powder.
Vegan protein powders act almost like flour and absorb a ton of liquid. This works well in this recipe because it helps create a thick and creamy chocolate pudding.
However, you can make this without vegan protein powder, you will just have to adjust the ingredients a bit (see below).
Can you use a whey protein powder?
If you are using a whey or collagen protein powder, start with 1/3 cup of dairy free milk and continue to increase it until you get the consistency you want.
Best dessert toppings to try
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- fruit (banana, strawberry, raspberry)
- drizzled almond butter
- chopped nuts
- hemp hearts
If you don’t have protein powder
If you do not have any protein powder, you could also use 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and add cacao powder and your favorite sweetener (stevia, maple syrup, coconut sugar).
You can use either coconut butter, almond butter, sunbutter or even tahini in this recipe.
TIP: very cold milk will help thicken the consistency of the pudding since it will harden the nut/seed butter.
How to make Vanilla Protein Pudding
To make this vanilla, simply use a vanilla protein powder and reduce the liquid to 1/2 cup of dairy free milk.
If you love this high protien dessert recipe you should try:
- High protein oatmeal 4 ways
- Vegan black bean brownies
- Single Serve Protein Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Single serve Protein brownies
Simple Chocolate Protein Pudding
Guided Recipe Video
- Combine the protein powder, cacao powder and milk in a bowl. Stir well until most of the lumps are fully removed. Start with 3/4 cup of dairy free milk and add a little at a time so it doesn’t get too runny.
- Once the lumps are gone, add the creamy almond butter or melted coconut butter and stir well until you have a pudding consistency.
- Refrigerate up to 8 hours or serve immediately.
Update Notes: This recipe was originally posted in January 2017, but was update in February 2021 with updated content.