These simple gluten free, vegan pumpkin white bean veggie burgers are the perfect recipe for an easy weeknight dinner. Ready in under 30 minutes, these pumpkin veggie burgers could not be more simple to make! If you have ever been hesitant to create a veggie burger at home, this is the recipe to try!
I have been vegetarian or a version of vegetarian since I was 13 years old. My old idea of vegetarian was pizza, pasta, chocolate, cookies and cereal. In fact this was pretty much my diet throughout high school. Veggie burgers, beans, and lentils were things I had never heard of, and certainly didn't know why they were important in my vegetarian diet. We lived in a small town and I don't remember having frozen veggie burgers until college. Times were certainly different.
I wish I had more access to information back then. But even now, I am always so surprised how little people know about eating vegan or vegetarian eating or really even about how to prepare healthy, wholesome meals for their family. Most of us have access to all the information in the world right at our fingertips. But I get it, things get busy and most people stick with what they know. Trying new food can be scary and time consuming.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
My mission is to help people learn about how to build healthy habits (nutrition, fitness, getting enough sleep and self love to name a few) so they can pass those habits onto their kids, co-workers, friends or other family members. I believe that knowledge is key to sparking change!
I was reminded the other day that parents, especially mom's, tend to make most of the food selections for the family. The more you know, the better the chance that you will make healthy choices for the whole family. Healthy eating habits are much easier to form at young ages, especially when healthy eating and exercise are being modeled by the parents. I would love for
So back to these pumpkin white bean veggie burgers. They are a simple weeknight dinner recipe that can help you introduce healthy food in your family's diet. They only take 25 minutes from start to finish, and most of that time is in the oven, not requiring any work from you. These burgers are full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, and fit perfectly on a homemade microwave English muffin or gluten free bun. The addition of sunflower seeds give a surprising crunch to the burgers. I topped mine with spicy mustard and sriracha and holy cow they are so good!
The bright yellow hue of these burgers is from the turmeric, which is optional. However, I can't seem to get enough of this anti-inflammatory spice. This recipe is not only low fat and high in fiber from the pumpkin and the white beans, it's also the perfect way to recover from exercise. So load up on the turmeric if you have it on hand!
Pumpkin White Bean Veggie Burgers
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Add 2/3 of the can of beans to the dish. Mash with the back of a fork.
- Add pumpkin puree and chia seeds and stir.
- Add coconut flour, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, chopped sage leaves and stir to combine. Taste for salt and flavor.
- Add sunflower seeds and chopped kale and the rest of the rinsed, drained beans. Combine until all the kale is stirred in and well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 5 or 6 portions, Form burger patties, making sure to press the mixture together firmly between your hands.
- Add foil or parchment to a baking sheet for easy clean up. Spray with nonstick (( use coconut oil). Place burgers on the pan.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip burgers and cook 5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Do you have any tips on healthy eating resources for beginners?
- Have you ever been a carbitarian (a carb only vegetarian)?
- Veggie burgers? Tell me why you love them!!