Moroccan cauliflower is such a side dish or the perfect addition to a grain bowl or Buddha bowl! This healthy recipe is packed with flavor and is so simple to make! Never eat plain roasted cauliflower again! Naturally vegan, gluten free, paleo, Whole30, low carb and keto friendly!
Why you are going to love this recipe:
- The Moroccan spices give roasted cauliflower a fun, flavorful twist! Turmeric gives the cauliflower a bright, vibrant color.
- Roasting cauliflower gives it a slightly sweet, caramelized flavor. Once you try roasting cauliflower, you are not going to want to have it any other way!
- Moroccan cauliflower goes great with any meal! Serve it alongside shredded chicken, in grain bowls with rice or quinoa or even as a stuffing for an epic wrap or pita!
- To take this cauliflower to the next level, serve it drizzled with tahini or cilantro lime yogurt sauce!
- Avocado oil
- Garlic Powder
Preheat the oven to 450F
Cut the cauliflower florets from the stalk or cut bagged cauliflower florets into equal size pieces for even roasting.
Place parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet. Turmeric can stain so I would recommend putting a barrier down so you don’t ruin your baking sheet or silicone liner.
Add the cauliflower florets to the baking sheet. Drizzle the cauliflower with avocado oil.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
In a small bowl combine the spices, stirring well until fully incorporated.
Sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower. Stir well until everything is fully coated.
Bake 450F for 25 minutes. Take out of oven, stir, bake 5-7 more minutes.
How to roast cauliflower:
Roasting cauliflower gives it a nutty flavor and softens up the cauliflower to create an entirely different flavor profile than when the cauliflower is raw.
To get the best results when roasting cauliflower these are the top tips:
- Be sure to cut the cauliflower all to similar size pieces so it can cook evenly.
- Don’t be shy with using oil to coat the cauliflower pieces so they can get golden brown and crispy.
- Be sure to use high heat! 450F oven is typically what I use to roast cauliflower.
- Make sure you use a big enough baking sheet, as you don’t want to overcrowd the pan and steam the cauliflower vs. roast it. I love my extra-large baking sheet for this!
- Give it enough time. Typically it takes about 30 minutes to roast cauliflower but it may take even longer depending on how much you have and how much water was in the cauliflower.
What is turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice that bright yellow and is typically sold in the dried, ground form (from the turmeric plant). You can also find fresh turmeric root in many grocery stores in the refrigerated section. For this recipe, you will want to use dried, ground turmeric.
Turmeric is used typically used in curry and is what gives curry that distinct color and flavor! Turmeric has a slightly bitter flavor and goes very well with the slight sweetness you get from roasting cauliflower. Typically you can find turmeric in most grocery stores.
Note: Turmeric can and will stain your clothes/anything you touch with your hands. Use parchment paper/foil and metal or plastic utensils (it can stain wood utensils). If you find that you have something stained yellow from turmeric, leaving it out in the sun for the day can help remove that yellow hue.
How to add more flavor:
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice after cooking
- Drizzle the Moroccan cauliflower with tahini or a lime cilantro yogurt sauce
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs including: cilantro, flat leaf parsley or mint
- Add more Moroccan spices including cinnamon, thyme or coriander seeds.
How to use Moroccan cauliflower:
- Serve as a side dish. Pairs great with any protein including tahini crusted salmon, chicken or even chickpeas!
- Serve in a pita or wrap with your favorite hummus and protein
- As a main part of a grain or Buddha bowl! The Moroccan cauliflower adds a ton of color and flavor to any to any dish.
- As an appetizer! Serve with a dipping sauce for an elegant appetizer for any party!
You can easily make a double or triple recipe of this Moroccan cauliflower dish. It reheats well and can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Since freezing cauliflower after cooking it changes the texture, it’s not advised that you freeze the cauliflower after cooking.
If you love this recipe, you should try:
- Roasted cauliflower hummus
- Roasted cauliflower with tahini
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Green cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower Dirty Rice
What you need to make this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Cut the cauliflower florets from the stalk. Cut the florets into equal size pieces for roasting.
- Place parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
- Add cauliflower florets to the baking sheet. Drizzle avocado oil (or olive oil) over cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices. Stir well.
- Sprinkle the spices directly over the cauliflower. Stir well until all the cauliflower is fully coated with spice blend.
- Bake in oven 450F for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, take out and stir well.
- Bake another 5-7 minutes until tender and roasted.
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice after cooking
- Drizzle the with tahini or a lime cilantro yogurt sauce
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs including: cilantro, Italian flat leaf parsley or mint
- Add more Moroccan spices including smoked paprika, thyme or coriander seeds.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don’t forget to visit my Amazon Shop!