This is the best low carb pasta! You are not going to believe how amazing this recipe is and it’s ready in under 10 minutes with no boiling water required!
The best part, it’s only 3 ingredients, grain free, gluten free, vegan, paleo, Whole30 and keto approved!
Low Carb Gluten Free Pasta
So here is the deal, all of my clients tell me they want to eat more vegetables, but they are short on time and really don’t enjoy spending half their Sunday in the kitchen doing meal prep. And I HEAR YOU! So I’m trying to find new exciting ways to enjoy vegetables without spending hours in the kitchen.
My solution, this pasta is only 3 ingredients. It’s ready in under 10 minutes!
- Daikon radish (spiralized)
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Olive Oil
How to make low carb pasta from daikon radish
- First, peel your daikon radish with a vegetable peeler and cut off the top and the bottom of the radish
- Next set up the radish on the Inspiralizer, to a thin noodle pasta shape.
- Once the noodles are spiralized, add them to a hot skillet with some olive oil.
- Cook the for 6-8 minutes and top with Everything Bagel Seasoning and serve hot or cold with your favorite toppings!
Low carb pasta common questions
What is a daikon radish
If you haven’t made daikon radish noodles before, it may become your new favorite spiralized veggie! The daikon noodles are the perfect keto pasta that actually has a good texture when cooked!
If you are wondering what the heck a daikon radish is, don’t worry, I was in the same boat this time last year.
My first experience with daikon radish was in my CSA box. I actually got a purple daikon radish and had absolutely no idea what to do with it. So I pulled out all my cookbooks and found a recipe in my Inspiralize Everything cookbook.
Daikon radish is a long white (sometimes green or purple) root vegetable that resembles a GIANT white carrot. It’s actually a cruciferous vegetable (like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, broccoli) and is extremely easy to cook with!
I tried the daikon radish raw and it was very radish-y. Sharp, crisp, but very refreshing. Not sure how else to explain the flavor.
What I discovered was that when you cook the radish, that sharp radish flavor subsides and you are left with a very delicious noodle! This mellow flavor makes daikon noodles the perfect keto pasta!
What to top your pasta with
Other veggies to use
Daikon radish are perfect for making low carb pasta with because they don’t get soggy or overly soft when cooking. Some other options include:
- Zucchini pasta
- Summer squash pasta
- Carrot noodles
- Spaghetti squash
Other low carb veggie dishes
- Daikon radish: you could also use zucchini or summer squash for your noodle base in place of daikon radish noodles but the texture will not be the same. A better choice would be spaghetti squash.
- Olive oil: You could also use avocado oil, ghee or garlic olive oil.
- Everything bagel seasoning: this is a combination of garlic flakes, onion flakes, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and flakes of salt. You could use garlic powder, fresh garlic or shallots in place of the everything bagel seasoning.
If you love veggie pasta, you should try
Low Carb Pasta
Guided Recipe Video
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb daikon radish, spiralized
- 2 tbsp Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Spiralize the daikon radish.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the daikon radish for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, stir well and serve hot.
Monday 10th of September 2018
This was so easy and yummy!