This creamy Asian vegan spaghetti squash recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect quick and easy dinner or side dish! Ready in about 20 minutes, this creamy Asian spaghetti squash is going to become one of those dishes you make again and again!
Why you will love this recipe
- Great for meal prep – this healthy creamy Asian spaghetti squash recipe is just as delicious the next day and can be served hot or cold, making it perfect for meal prep! Leftovers the next day are incredible, so make a double batch and enjoy this all week!
- Packed with flavor – the creamy Asian sauce is so flavorful and comes together in just minutes! Use the sauce on spaghetti squash or even regular rice noodles to create a meal everyone will love! This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and can be made Whole30!
- Great way to get in lots of veggies! The spaghetti squash and veggies in this recipe are so filling and so flavorful thanks to the creamy Asian inspired sauce. It’s going to become one of your favorite ways to get in more vegetables!
- Spaghetti squash
- Purple cabbage
- Bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- Shredded carrots
- Green onion
Creamy Asian Sauce:
- Tahini or almond butter
- Coconut aminos
- Chili garlic sauce
- Lime juice
- Garlic Powder
- Chili flakes
- Sesame oil
Start by preparing the spaghetti squash. I love using the air fryer to make spaghetti squash, but you can also use the instant pot, oven or microwave (see below).
While the spaghetti squash is cooking, shred the cabbage, thinly slice the bell pepper and chop the green onion. Put aside.
Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl or container. Stir well.
Once spaghetti squash is done cooking, carefully scrape it out into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
Serve hot, room temperature or cold.
The best way to make spaghetti squash
Spaghetti squash is a winter squash that once cooked, the insides of the squash make little spaghetti like strands that you can easily substitute out for traditional pasta.
Although spaghetti squash is not a 100% replacement for pasta, it does really well if you are trying to add in more vegetables and reduce your intake of grains/carbs!
I’ve been enjoying spaghetti squash for years and my method of cooking has changed over time. I used to cut it in half and bake it in the oven for 45-60 minutes at about 400F.
But lately, I have been all about getting dinner on the table FAST! So my go to methods now include:
- Pressure cooking (Instant Pot)
- Roasting spaghetti squash rounds in the oven at high heat 450F
- Using the air fryer
Meal prep tips
This recipe is perfect for meal prep! You can make it ahead of time and it can sit in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You can also make this low carb spaghetti squash recipe ahead of time (on meal prep day) and store it in a glass container until the night you want to serve this. Simply reheat in a large skillet, chop the veggies, make the sauce and combine it all up in under 10 minutes!
Tips for chopping vegetables quickly
The spiralizer can quickly spiralize an entire cabbage into thin ribbons that can be easily added to this dish. You can also use the spiralizer to quickly chop up bell peppers.
- To spiralize cabbage: Remove the tough outer leaves. Place the base of the cabbage into the tongs of the spiralizer and the top of the head of cabbage against the blade. Spiralize onto a cutting board for easy cleanup.
- To spiralize a bell pepper: Cut the top off the bell pepper (where the stem is). Using your fingers, remove the seeds and any extra pith inside the pepper. Place the tip of the pepper (that hasn’t been cut) again the tongs of the spiralizer and the open end of the pepper against the blade. Spiralize onto a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut the pepper down into more bite size pieces.
What to add to this recipe
Protein: To make this a full meal, add your favorite protein: shredded chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Salmon, Air Fryer Shrimp, 10 Minute Asian Chicken, Canned salmon, tuna, or canned chicken, Chickpeas.
If you love this recipe, you should try
Creamy Asian Vegan Spaghetti Squash Recipe$8.46 Recipe/$2.11 Serving
- 1 medium spaghetti squash - $2.99
- 1/2 small purple cabbage - $1.29
- 1 large bell pepper - $1.29
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots - $0.38
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion - $0.32
- Make the spaghetti squash in the microwave or in the instant pot. Use the instructions in this post
- Chop the vegetables while the spaghetti squash is cooking
- Make the Creamy Asian Sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and combining with a fork until smooth
- Once the spaghetti squash is done cooking, carefully use a fork to scrape the flesh into spaghetti like strands. Add the spaghetti squash to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir well (while spaghetti squash is still hot). Let sit 3-4 minutes to lightly cook the other veggies added.
- Serve hot or cold.