Summer has arrived! Enjoy this chocolate chunk cherry ice cream to cool off today! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, naturally sweetened and even high in protein! This ice cream is anything but ordinary!
Dave and I just got back from a quick trip from Austin, TX for my birthday!! There were some fun highlights of the trip to Austin. First, Austin is so beautiful!! I had no idea how green Texas is. Dave and I were so surprised by how many trees there were and how hilly the landscape was outside of the Austin city limits. We were simply in awe the entire trip! I can’t wait to go back and visit again!
Also summer has definitely arrived in Austin! It was like 100 degrees and humid the entire trip. All I could think about was ice cream and frozen yogurt. But Dave and I were so busy that by the end of the night, we didn’t have time to stop for a treat! Since I didn’t indulge while I was on vacation, you better believe I made a big bowl of this chocolate chunk cherry ice cream.
You are going to just go crazy when you try this chocolate chunk cherry ice cream! The ingredient list is so simple. Frozen dark chocolate cherries, vanilla protein powder, unsweetened coconut milk and chocolate chunks. I topped my ice cream with more chocolate chips and chopped pecans but this would be great with walnuts as well! Dare I say you won’t want to go back to traditional ice cream after this! It’s naturally sweetened, easy to make, a full serving of fruit, protein and tastes amazing!
You can make your own chocolate chunk cherry ice cream at home with just a food processor or a good high speed blender! I used my food processor and was eating ice cream in under 5 minutes! It’s that easy. No freezing or waiting on it to harden up. This chocolate chunk cherry ice cream has the consistency of soft serve ice cream right out of the food processor, which is my favorite! If you wanted the consistency of ice cream, you would have to freeze this for an hour or two before serving. But if you know me, you know that isn’t happening! I’m not waiting one minute more than I have to for ice cream!
So if you spent the weekend overindulging and now can’t get sweets out of your head, try this chocolate chunk cherry ice cream tonight for you after dinner snack. You won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Chunk Cherry Ice Cream
- In the food processor, process the cherries for 20 seconds until they have a rice like consistency.
- Add the non-dairy milk (start with 1/3 cup) and process until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and additional milk. Try not to over process as this makes the mixture hot.
- At the last second add in the chocolate chunks or chips and process just one second to combine.
- Serve immediately or pour into a loaf pan and freeze about 2 hours until solid, stirring occasionally.
What about you?
- Have you been to Austin before? What was your favorite part of the city?
- What ice cream flavors are your favorite?
- Chocolate chunks or chips?