Mango frozen yogurt is the perfect 2 ingredient dessert or afternoon snack!
Perfect for hot summer days or just for snaking on for dessert, this vegan frozen yogurt is so easy to make you will be looking for any excuse to make it! This healthy frozen yogurt is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and ready in under 5 minutes.
Why you will love this vegan frozen yogurt
- With only 2 ingredients, you can make this mango frozen yogurt anytime of the year! Keep your freezer stocked with frozen mango to make this recipe anytime!
- Perfect for summer time, this dairy free frozen yogurt has no added sugar and is guaranteed to cool you off as a sweet, refreshing treat!
- You can easily modify the recipe to only make one serving if needed so it’s perfect for weeknight indulgences.
- Frozen mango
- Dairy free yogurt (or regular yogurt)
How to make mango frozen yogurt
- Defrost mango about 5 minutes on the counter. This will help make it easier to pulse in food processor.
- Add ½ of a bag of frozen mango to a food processor. Process on high about 30 seconds, until the frozen mango resembles rice. Remove from food processor into a bowl and repeat with remaining mango.
- Add the mango back to the food processor with the yogurt and process on high until smooth (takes 1-2 minutes). Scrape down edges of food processor 1-2 times as needed.
- Eat immediately or store in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden slightly.
Vegan frozen yogurt common questions
Tips on making frozen yogurt that is scoop-able after freezing
This recipe is meant to be made and eaten the same day. If you want to make a larger batch and store it in the freezer for later, you will need to add honey to the mixture (at least 2 tablespoons). Honey helps keep ice crystals from forming and will allow the frozen yogurt to remain scoop-able even after sitting in the freezer for days.
Other uses for this frozen yogurt
I love this vegan frozen yogurt just the way it is. However if I do make more than I need to, I love to pour the leftovers into popsicle molds. It freezes really well (as written without honey) in the popsicle molds and it’s a great weekday treat!
Can you use fresh mango?
Because this recipe is meant to be eaten immediately, you would want to freeze fresh mango before blending, as the dairy free yogurt can get a little icy when freezing without the added honey.
What are the best dairy free yogurts to use
I really love this recipe with the greek style or regular almond milk yogurt from Kite Hill Foods. I always get the plain, as the flavored options all have added sugar.
Other great options include cashew yogurt from Forager foods, or coconut yogurt from SoDelicious Foods.
Mango: This recipe is also great with frozen dark sweet cherries, frozen pineapple (add the honey with pineapple), or frozen raspberries (add the honey for sweetness) in place of the mango.
Dairy free yogurt: If you can tolerate dairy, regular greek style yogurt would be great here. The higher the fat content the creamier the frozen yogurt.
Mango Frozen Yogurt
Guided Recipe Video
- 16 oz bag frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup plain dairy free yogurt - Cashew yogurt, almond milk yogurt, coconut yogurt
- Toppings of choice
- Allow frozen mango to defrost on the counter for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add half the frozen mango chunks. Process first with pulsing the food processor then run for about 1 minute until the mango looks like small grains of rice.
- Remove the first batch of mango and repeat with the second batch.
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor and process on high speed until smooth (about 1-2 minutes)
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings, or freeze in air tight container for 20-30 minutes.
- Makes 2-3 servings, depending on serving size.