This roasted vegetable bisque is bursting with veggies and so simple to make! This easy to assemble soup is vegan, paleo, Whole30, dairy free and grain free! It’s the perfect rainy day (or snowy day) soup!
Do you ever go a little overboard at the grocery store and find that you are stuck with a bunch of veggies that you have no idea what to do with them? Yeah that happens to us here more than I’d like to admit. Instead of throwing them away, I will often put them in the freezer or make soup with them! Soup is so simple and it’s the perfect place to put those almost dead veggies!
This roasted vegetable bisque recipe is especially good with root vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, golden beets, rutabaga) and winter squash (butternut, kobocha, delicata or acorn) but can include anything you have in the fridge. I almost always add in red onion and zucchini or summer squash as well because I have a tenancy to overbuy them at the grocery store. I always have grand plans for zoodles that sometimes don’t pan out the way I envision them.
But that’s ok, because we don’t waste food here! I haven’t tried this with stronger flavored veggies (brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus), as I usually just roast them up and cover them in tahini (like this recipe for roasted cauliflower with tahini drizzle). I’m not sure if their flavor would compete too much in this roasted vegetable bisque soup.
This roasted vegetable bisque takes a little bit longer than my normal 30 minute dinner timeline, but there is minimal prep and most of the time of this recipe is these roasting in the oven. The nice thing is that you can roast your veggies on meal prep day, put them in the fridge and then make this bisque with them later in the week. Or you can just make this roasted vegetable bisque as part of your meal prep routine, using up what is old from the week before so you can start with a clean fridge!
I used Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese in this recipe. It’s an almond milk based cream cheese, but you could easily substitute in Daiya Cream Cheese (vegan), cashew cheese (like in Portobello Philly cheese Steak Recipe) or regular cream cheese if you are not dairy free.
If soup is want you are craving make sure to check out this vegan broccoli cheese soup!
See how easy this soup comes together in the video below.
Roasted Vegetable Bisque
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Place parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Chop the veggies to similar sizes, peel veggies, if needed. I used 1/2 large red onion, 1 large zucchini, 1 large yellow squash, 2 carrots, 1 parsnip, 1/2 yellow beet, 2 cups frozen butternut squash
- Add the oil and toss the veggies in the oil, coating them lightly.
- Roast at 450 in the oven for 30 minutes
- Add the roasted veggies to the blender (affiliate link). Be careful they are hot. Add the vegetable broth and blend until smooth
- Add the spices and Kite Hill Chive cream cheese. Blend until smooth
- Optional: Serve with additional cream cheese to stir in.
Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals
Frozen Fruits and Veggies
- Cauliflower Mash Potatoes by April Golightly
- Easy Whole30 Barbecue Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Vegetable Bisque by Bites of Wellness
- Spinach Baked Ziti Make Ahead Freezer Meal by Sunday Supper
- Vegetable Soup with Meatballs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by Pies and Plots
Preparing Some Protein
- Chicken Sausage and Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Thai Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Make-Ahead & Freeze Black Bean Taco Burgers by Hardly A Goddess
- Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sang Choy Bao – Chinese Lettuce Wraps by Caroline’s Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.