Last week I shared with you a very healthy fun mocha cookie protein smoothie. These are perfect for mornings when I have a few minutes to get the ingredients together and brew some espresso. But lately I’ve been so pressed for time in the morning. Luckily I have some really awesome recipes for overnight oats like this almond joy overnight oats that make mornings a breeze!
Overnight oats, why do I love them? No cooking. No worrying about the oats exploding in the microwave. No need for the office microwave or waiting over the stove. Versatile. You can make any concoction of flavors, textures and add-ins that your heart desires so you never get bored. Convenient: can put together 5 mason jars with different add-ins and just add water the night before. An easy time saving meal! Easier than cereal and more portable. Lower in sugar, higher in fiber, and full of protein.
Today I’m sharing with you my new favorite version of overnight oats. I’ve made apple cinnamon, peanut butter and jelly, and peach in the past. My inspiration is one of my favorite candy bars, Almond Joy! Coconut, chocolate, and almonds are just the perfect combination and a wonderful way to start the day!
My favorite part of these oats is the crunch from cacao nibs and the crushed almonds. The different textures make these overnight oats anything but boring! You could easily make these “mounds” overnight oats as well by excluding the almonds but I really love the flavor and texture they bring to the oats!
If you’re looking for a healthy candy bar (almond joys anyone?) check out my homemade candy bars, yum!
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Measure out oats, chia seeds, protein powder, coconut flakes and cacao nibs.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and cashew (or coconut milk).
- Stir until everything is combined
- Place in fridge overnight
- In the morning you may want to add an additional 1/4 cup water.
- Add chopped almonds and enjoy!
What About You?
- How long do you think you’ll be singing the Almond Joy / Mounds song today?
- Do you prefer cold overnight oats or hot oats?