These vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are simple enough for dinner but could also be perfect for your next get-together! Ready in 30 minutes, these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are paleo, whole30 friendly and require just a few simple ingredients!
I’m sure you already know the flavors I’m going for in these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings! Spicy, a little buttery and I just can’t stop eating these, they are so good. Yeah that flavor! Well these deliver! And unlike the other recipes out there, I’m didn’t bother breading these or making them overly complicated. Roasted cauliflower, butter flavored coconut oil (or ghee), hot sauce, garlic powder and a little turmeric!
These wings smell just like the wings they used to serve at the first job I ever had! I worked for a pizza shop and they were famous for their thin crust pizza and buffalo wings! I always used to ask him what the secret was – he said butter and hot sauce. That’s all he added and people went crazy! I learned that sometimes simple is better. But sometimes you can make simple just a little bit better! Take these cauliflower buffalo wings, I added turmeric to the sauce. It intensifies the color and adds some anti-inflammatory benefits you wouldn’t normally get!
This recipe uses butter flavored coconut oil, but you could easily use ghee if you aren’t vegan. I actually made this with the spiced buffalo ghee from Trader Joe’s which is where I got the idea to add a little turmeric to the mix!
If you love buffalo flavored everything, you have to check out these buffalo salmon cakes with chipotle ranch dipping sauce. The chipotle ranch dipping sauce would be perfect with these cauliflower buffalo bites as well! These would also be great with homemade hummus! I highly recommend this zucchini avocado hummus recipe if you are throwing a party and want something simple but delicious!
To be honest with you, my spice tolerance isn’t very high. Sometimes sriracha makes my eyes water. But I can easily polish off these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings without any problem! So if you don’t like spice, you should still try these!
Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- While the oven preheats, cut the cauliflower from the stalk. Cut the large cauliflower florets into more manageable bites
- Place parchment paper down on a rimmed cookie sheet and spray lightly with non-stick
- Add the cauliflower and bake for 20 minutes
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the butter flavored coconut oil (or ghee), 2 tbs. of hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, turmeric and pinch of black pepper. Stir well.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, pull the cauliflower out and pour the butter/hot sauce mixture over it. Stir well until all the cauliflower is well coated
- Put the cauliflower back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and add the last 1 tbs. of hot sauce. Stir and serve hot or room temperature.
Sunday Supper New Year’s Eve Menu Ideas
End of the Year Appetizers & Mains
- Butternut Squash Queso Fundido Dip by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cranberry Brie en Croute by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta by Pies and Plots
- Honey Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pan Roasted Veal Chops with Red Grapes by Cooking On The Ranch
Happy New Year Hors d’Oeuvres
- Persimmon Apple Cider Mimosas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups by Positively Stacey
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Cups by Gourmet Everyday
- Thai Sausage Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings by Bites of Wellness
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.