Keto buffalo cauliflower wings are simple enough for dinner but could also be perfect for your next get-together! Ready in 30 minutes and perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce, these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are paleo, whole30 friendly and require just a few simple ingredients!
Why you will love this recipe:
Spicy, buttery and so addicting! Vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are the perfect way to make your veggies disappear! You are going to want to snack on these all day long!
These cauliflower buffalo wings are so easy to make, no need to coat the cauliflower in flour before roasting. With just 5 ingredients , these cauliflower wings great for watching the game or just an afternoon snack!
- Butter flavored coconut oil (or ghee)
- Hot sauce
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450F.
Break down the cauliflower into similar size florets. I like to turn the cauliflower upside down, remove the green leaves and cut from around the stalk to remove the big pieces of cauliflower. Break these pieces down further into florets.
Place parchment paper or a silicone liner on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil or avocado oil spray. Add cauliflower to the baking sheet.
Bake at 450F for 20 minutes.
While the cauliflower bakes, melt the buttered flavored coconut oil, mix it with the hot sauce, garlic powder, turmeric and salt.
After 20 minutes in the oven, take the cauliflower out and pour the buffalo mixture over top. Mix well to fully coat each floret.
Return back to the oven and bake 10-15 more minutes until perfectly tender.
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
- Give the wings a little more color by using turmeric! This spice is what makes mustard so yellow, and a little goes a long way!
- Traditional wings are typically tossed in a mixture of hot sauce, butter and spices. To keep this recipe vegan, I used butter flavored coconut oil, but you could easily use ghee if you aren’t vegan.
- This buffalo sauce is not super spicy, you could easily increase the heat by adding more hot sauce or crushed red pepper flakes.
What to serve with these
We all know wings are made for dipping! Here are some great dipping sauces you could use:
Store leftover keto cauliflower buffalo wings in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I would not recommend freezing these vegan cauliflower wings, as the texture would change. You could puree the cauliflower with vegetable broth to make a buffalo cauliflower soup to store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you love this recipe, you should try:
- Moroccan Cauliflower
- Mexican Cauliflower White Bean Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Leek Soup (Slow Cooker)
Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- While the oven preheats, cut the cauliflower from the stalk. Cut the large cauliflower florets into more manageable bites
- Place parchment paper down on a rimmed cookie sheet and spray lightly with non-stick
- Add the cauliflower and bake for 20 minutes
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the butter flavored coconut oil (or ghee), 2 tbs. of hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, turmeric and pinch of black pepper. Stir well.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, pull the cauliflower out and pour the butter/hot sauce mixture over it. Stir well until all the cauliflower is well coated
- Put the cauliflower back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and add the last 1 tbs. of hot sauce. Stir and serve hot or room temperature.