These sweet potato pizza bites are my new favorite way to enjoy pizza! They are vegan, gluten free, easy to assemble, super versatile, and make a great appetizer for a crowd or an easy dinner for two! There is nothing better than vegetables for dinner, especially when those veggies taste like pizza! :)
I wanted to quickly share with you guys my recent eats – which include some awesome sweet potato pizza bites that would be the perfect addition to any party spread. These are great because you can either assemble these yourself or lay out the ingredients for guests and let them go to town! I love these little pizza bites because they are awesome at room temperature and therefore awesome for guests, especially once a little champagne starts flowing!
Another great party snack I can’t seem to stop snacking on is protein puppy chow. It’s addicting, pretty healthy, and vegan, so I’m not going to complain! It would also be a quick and easy addition to your party line up, especially around the holidays!
These sweet potato pizza bites deserve some serious attention. If you follow me on instagram (@bites_of_wellness) these guys made their debut last week and I’ve made them twice now. I had so much kale pesto, I just had to make these little bites. I took them to work for lunch, had them for dinner, and shared quite a few with my sister after she came home from a late night at work. I love them every time and I hope you do as well!
Helpful tips and tricks
- The easiest way to make the sweet potato base is to use a sharp knife and cut 1/8 inch rounds. Go slowly to keep uniform thickness! Make sure that you take the sweet potatoes out of the oven after 15 minutes and flip them over so they get a good crust on both sides.
- You can use orange, purple or white sweet potatoes (Japanese are my favorite) or even regular potatoes to make this recipe!
- You can make the sweet potato rounds up to 3 days in advance. Just store them in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- These can be served hot, at room temperature or even cold! So make extra, they are always great for meal prep or for hungry kiddos after school snacks!
- Use whatever pizza toppings you love! Artichokes, peppers, onions, olives, pepperoni, sausage, sundried tomato, or cheese!
You should also try these recipes
Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and carefully cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch rounds. These are thicker than chips would be
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with non-stick spray. Lay sweet potatoes in a thin layers, trying to make sure they don’t overlap to much
- Once oven is preheated, place sweet potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out and flip, cook an additional 7-10 minutes..
- Take out of oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before topping,
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, turn a large skillet on over medium high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add frozen artichokes, allow to cook 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add 1/4 tsp. salt, few cracks of black pepper and the juice of one lemon. Allow to cook an additional 5-10 minutes until reach desired level of browning. Take off heat and cut artichokes down to smaller more bite size pieces.
- Thinly slice roasted red pepper from jar. Place to the side.
- Top sweet potatoes with teaspoon or two of kale pesto, a piece of artichoke, a few sun dried tomatoes, and a few roasted red pepper slices on the sweet potato pizza.
- You can easily make this an assembly line for friends to make their own!