These sweet potato pizza bites are my new favorite way to enjoy pizza! They are vegan, gluten free, easy to assemble, super versatile, and make a great appetizer for a crowd or an easy dinner for two! There is nothing better than vegetables for dinner, especially when those veggies taste like pizza! 🙂
Happy New Year’s Eve! As everyone is counting down the hours to the celebration tonight, I wanted to quickly share with you guys my recent eats – which include some awesome sweet potato pizza bites that would be the perfect addition to your New Year’s Eve Party spread. These are great because you can either assemble these yourself or lay out the ingredients for guests and let them go to town! I love these little pizza bites because they are awesome at room temperature and therefore awesome for guests, especially once a little champagne starts flowing!
I’m still managing to much on the boat load of protein puppy chow I made for Christmas. It’s addicting, pretty healthy, and vegan, so I’m not going to complain! It would also be a quick and easy addition to your New Year’s celebrations tonight!!
These sweet potato pizza bites deserve some serious attention. If you follow me on instagram (@bites_of_wellness) these guys made their debut last week and I’ve made them twice now. I had so much kale pesto, I just had to make these little bites. I took them to work for lunch, had them for dinner, and shared quite a few with my sister after she came home from a late night at work. I love them everytime and I hope you do as well!
If you love pizza, make sure you check out this zucchini crust pizza.
Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
- 2 sweet potatoes washed and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1/2 - 1 cup kale pesto or pesto of choice
- 1/2 bag frozen artichokes cooked with lemon juice and salt and pepper
- 1/2 jar sun dried tomatoes
- 1-2 roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and carefully cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch rounds. These are thicker than chips would be
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with non-stick spray. Lay sweet potatoes in a thin layers, trying to make sure they don't overlap to much
- Once oven is preheated, place sweet potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out and flip, cook an additional 7-10 minutes..
- Take out of oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before topping,
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, turn a large skillet on over medium high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add frozen artichokes, allow to cook 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add 1/4 tsp. salt, few cracks of black pepper and the juice of one lemon. Allow to cook an additional 5-10 minutes until reach desired level of browning. Take off heat and cut artichokes down to smaller more bite size pieces.
- Thinly slice roasted red pepper from jar. Place to the side.
- Top sweet potatoes with teaspoon or two of kale pesto, a piece of artichoke, a few sun dried tomatoes, and a few roasted red pepper slices on the sweet potato pizza.
- You can easily make this an assembly line for friends to make their own!
What about you?
- Do you have a favorite party snack?
- Do you sometimes accidentally cook a certain way?
- Have you ever been accidentally vegan or vegetarian?