You are going to love this Whole30 spinach artichoke dip. It’s perfect for parties or for snacking on all week! This spinach artichoke dip is vegan, paleo, dairy free, grain free and allergy friendly. Oh and there is no coconut milk!
I have been trying to find a good dairy free recipe that didn’t use coconut milk (since both Dave and I are having some pretty awful reactions to coconut lately) and was falling short everywhere I looked! Luckily I had just made creamy garlic sauce and I instantly thought that it might be the perfect solution for my dairy free dilemma. And luckily I was right! The creamy garlic sauce is so simple to make, it blends together in just a minute and doesn’t require any soaking before hand!
I grew up eating taco dip at our family parties. I’m pretty sure I ate half the dip by myself every time it was served. I need to work in remaking that for sure! One thing I don’t remember having was spinach artichoke dip. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t introduced to spinach artichoke dip until my college years. Honestly that’s probably a good thing because I can devour some spinach artichoke dip.
In college I was more of a carbatarian than anything. I ate mostly carbs and the occasional vegetable. Mostly pizza and pasta, you know the good stuff. But anytime spinach artichoke dip was served I suddenly loved vegetables. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? Veggies plus creamy garlic sauce = heaven!
If you have picky eaters or you are just trying to get more veggies into your diet I think you are going to love this Whole30 spinach artichoke dip! It’s super simple and you really don’t even need to have great cooking skills!
Whole30 Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat the broiler on high
- Microwave the spinach for 5 minutes or steam on the stove until defrosted. Pour spinach out into a mesh colander and let drain 3 minutes
- While spinach is draining make the creamy garlic sauce.
- Blend together 1 cup hemp hearts, water, garlic oil and 1/2 -3/4 tsp salt in a high speed blender for 1 minute.
- Once spinach is cool enough press it through the colander to drain off excess water. Don’t skip this part. I squeeze it with the back of a wooden spoon against the colander or simply use my hands to squeeze it out.
- When the spinach is as dry as possible, add it to a large bowl. Add the creamy garlic dip and stir well.
- Using the same blender add the drained canned artichokes and pulse until broken up 4-5 times.
- Add the artichoke pieces and 1/2 tsp salt to the dip and stir well.
- Spray a glass or ceramic serving dish with non-stick spray and add the spinach artichoke dip. Top with 3 tbs of hemp hearts
- Place under the broiler (on high) for 3-5 minutes until the top starts to brown.
- Serve hot or warm
What about you?
- What’s your favorite appetizer?
- Is dip your go-to party food?