This single serve strawberry brownies recipe is for those days and I can’t get chocolate off my brain. I have to admit those days come more and more often when I have go-to recipes like this to make. This single serve brownie is a breeze to whip up; it only takes a few minutes of mixing and about 20 minutes in the oven.
These brownies are also amazing the next day for breakfast as well. You better believe I always make two, it’s a great post workout snack as well. The ingredient list is pretty simple, all ingredients I normally have on hand all the time. Some ripe bananas, vegan protein powder, cocoa powder all mixed with some flax eggs and oat brand. Talk about good eats!!
The strawberries and these brownies are just my ode to the sweet fruit that grows all spring long. During this time of year I pretty much chop them off and put them into anything and everything I can think of and chocolate and strawberries is pretty much a match made in heaven.
This is how I make healthy happen. Find ways to make those sweet treats healthy and filling. Enough so that I proudly call them a healthy filling breakfast option! Normally I am a chocolate chip cookie kind of girl, but there are days when all I want is fudgy brownies. And I’ve learned after many years that trying to avoid these food cravings usually ends up with me binge eating whatever is around in the kitchen until I finally eat that brownie anyway. So why not just have the brownie and make it healthy, win-win.
I like to use the glass ramekins I have around the house, however I’ve been eyeballing these porcelain ramekins (affiliate link). I think they would be such a cute addition to my collection.
You can of course substitute any fruit you like for the strawberries. I think I will add dark sweet cherries to this the next time I make them, oh and maybe some unsweetened coconut!
If you’re like me and the idea of giving up sweets completely is just out of the picture. I invite you to come have a brownie with me.Healthy strawberry protein brownies - perfect #healthy dessert or #postworkout snack @pancakewarrior_ Click To Tweet
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 scoops protein powder, I used MRM Veggie Elite
- 2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs. ground flax mixed with 3 tbs. water)
- 1 packet steiva or 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 4 strawberries, washed and chopped
- Optional 2 tbs. cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 360F
- In a mixing bowl, make the flax egg and let sit 3-5 minutes until forms a thick gel consistency.
- Add bananas and mash.
- Add protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add baking powder and mix. Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Divide between 2 ramekins that have been sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool
What About You?
- Cookies or Brownies? Has anyone seen the cookie brownie yet? Half Cookie, Half Brownie…. has anyone had one yet?
- Do you crave sweet or salty?
Don’t forget to share the health with you friends and family! They will thank you!