Single serve brownies with strawberries are the perfect sweet treat! These single serve brownies are super fudgy and rich but simple to make and only have a few ingredients! You are going to love the chocolate and strawberry combination! These can even be made in the microwave in 2 minutes if you are in a hurry!
Why this recipe works?
- Single serve brownies with strawberries are the perfect dessert or afternoon snack! This recipe is packed with protein and is perfect for after a workout or to satisfy your late night sweets cravings!
- With only a few ingredients, these brownies with strawberries are gluten free, vegan, and don’t require any special equipment to make! Perfect for anytime!
- To make these single serve brownies with strawberries extra special, serve them with a spoonful of cashew almond espresso butter on top!
Why you should make single serving desserts
Even though most of my recipes are packed with really healthy ingredients, I can quickly go overboard with servings, especially when it comes to sweets.
I love single serving desserts, they help me control my portions while feeling fully satisfied by getting to eat “the whole thing”. I’m not really good at portion control when I’m staring down a plate of brownies.
If you are the same way, you might enjoy some of my other favorite single serve desserts including:
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
- Single serve brownies
- Single serve chocolate peanut butter brownies
- Blueberry banana bread
- Chocolate mug cake
- Gingerbread mug cake
- Single serve chocolate chip pumpkin pie
How to make single serve brownies with strawberries
- Step 1: Start by mixing together the water and ground flax.
- Step 2:Add the bananas to the flax mixture and mash them well
- Step 3:Add the dry ingredients to the banana and flax mixture and stir well.
- Step 4: Make sure the dry ingredients are totally incorporated. The batter will be very thick at first, be patient and keep stirring.
- Step 5:Add the chopped strawberries. You can also add in any other mix in’s you want now as well.
- Step 6:Divide the brownie mixture between 2 ramekins. Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes or microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Can you use frozen strawberries?
I suggest using fresh strawberries since frozen strawberries are often not as sweet as fresh strawberries and they tend to give off a lot of extra water when cooking.
If you want to use frozen strawberries, make sure they are defrosted first, and you might want to add a small sprinkle of coconut sugar to the strawberries to help sweeten them.
What other mix in’s can you add?
What kind of protein powder to use?
This recipe uses a vegan protein powder! The protein powder replaces the typical flour that would be in the recipe. I love Nuzest protein since it doesn’t have any artificial flavors or sweeteners. It’s also very easy to digest and tastes amazing! If you want to try Nuzest, use the code below to get 15% off your order!
If you want to use a whey protein or collagen protein powder in this recipe, follow the instructions for making this recipe without protein powder below and just add the protein powder you would like to use in addition to the gluten free flour.
How do you make brownies with strawberries without protein powder?
If you don’t have a vegan protein powder to bake with you can still make these healthy single serve brownies with strawberries! For every serving of protein powder, use 1/3 cup of your favorite gluten free flour. Some of my favorites to bake with are:
NOTE: I would not recommend using coconut flour as it absorbs too much liquid and you will get a dry, cakey brownie as a result.
What kind of ramekins to use for single serve strawberry brownies?
I have made this recipe using glass ramekins, traditional ceramic ramekins and these fun square ramekins. When using traditional ramekins, the center of these really stays gooey and fudgy. The square ramekins can overcook quickly if you are not careful but are equally as fudgy if you can get them out of the oven in time!
If you want more protein packed desserts, you should try:
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Sweet Potato Donuts
- Simple Protein Pudding
- Chocolate strawberry energy bites
Single Serve Brownies with Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, make the flax egg and let sit 1-2 minutes to start to thicken.
- Add bananas to the flax mixture and mash them well.
- Add protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir well. This will be dry in the beginning
- Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Divide between 2 ramekins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Take out of oven/microwave and allow to cool
- Almond flour
- Cashew flour
- Tigernut flour
- Gluten free flour blends
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao nibs
- Toasted coconut flakes
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
Update Notes: This recipe was originally posted in April 2015, but was published again in June 2019 to include step by step directions, recipe notes and new photos