Super fudgy, intensely chocolatey, these are the world’s best gluten free sweet potato brownies. So grab a fork and get ready for your new favorite recipe! These are so simple, you just need your blender and about 30 minutes in the oven. Vegan, gluten free, paleo-ish and so very delicious!
I have a confession, cakey brownies make me sad. There I said it. I love fudgy, almost too rich brownies. Oh and I love the ends! But let’s be honest, traditional brownies are not exactly ideal for the girl who also has some serious fat loss goals. So instead of trying to white knuckle my way around my cravings, I came up with these gluten free sweet potato brownies as a healthier recipe that is just as delicious but way better for you!
If you have similar goals, don’t worry I got you covered! Have you tried these homemade almond joy candy bars or these pecan chocolate chunk cookies? They are made with protein and quality ingredients that will satisfy your cravings but not turn you into a sugar monster!
These gluten free Sweet Potato Brownies are not only gluten free, but grain free, packed with vitamins and minerals from the sweet potatoes, and also packed with protein with the addition of the Vega Performance Protein (affiliate link) with 30g of protein per scoop! I use coconut oil in this recipe too. Please don’t try to omit it. The texture isn’t the same and the chocolate just doesn’t pop like it should without the coconut oil. If you don’t like coconut oil, you could use melted grass fed butter or ghee as well! Without the coconut oil, these certainly won’t be the world’s best gluten free sweet potato brownies, I can tell you that much!
Let’s chat sweet potatoes and why I think you should be eating more in your diet! Did you know that sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A (carotene like in carrots which is what makes them orange) but also Vitamin C (for an immune system boost). It’s important to note that you want to include some fat when you consume sweet potatoes to get the benefit from the Vitamin A (it’s a fat soluble vitamin). Don’t worry, the coconut oil in this recipe does that for you automatically! Sweet potatoes are also a great source of dietary fiber. This is key to feeling full and satisfied from your meals. That’s an added bonus when you can get those benefits from your dessert!
To keep this sugar free, you could omit the coconut sugar and use cacao nibs instead of dairy free chocolate chips. However, I’m all about a little sprinkle of coconut sugar in my chocolate sweets, it’s like that little extra kick that takes them from good to great!
The World’s Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies
Simple, healthy and intensely chocolatey, these are the world's best gluten free sweet potato brownies! Gluten free, grain free, vegan and paleo-ish dessert recipe!
- 2 cups sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 2 scoop chocolate protein powder I used Vega Performance Protein
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbs coconut sugar optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips Enjoy Life Brand
Preheat oven to 375F
Remove the skins from cooked sweet potatoes. Add to blender with the rest of the ingredients, scraping down the sides as needed
Spray a 8X8 or 6.5X10 pan with non-stick spray
Add the sweet potato mixture to the pan
Bake at 375F for 35 minutes
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Best when cooled in the fridge overnight.
Gluten Free Sunday Supper Recipes
Sleigh Ride Starters
- Pepperoni Soft Pretzels by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Walnut Glaze by My Life Cookbook
- Savory Chickpea Banana Pepper Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- T.R.’s Mulled Cider Martini by Food Lust People Love
Seasons Greetings Sides
- Balsamic Braised Red Cabbage by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten Free Turkey Gravy by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing or Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash by Cooking Chat
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Squash With Cranberry Cider Glaze by The Crumby Kitchen
- T.R.’s Homemade Cranberry Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
Making Things Merry Main Dish
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Life Tastes Good
- Easy Mexican Chicken Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pork Fried Rice by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey Ham Scalloped Potatoes and Kale by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
Decking the Halls Desserts
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Fudge by Our Good Life
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- No Bake Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies by Simple and Savory
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- The Worlds Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies by Bites of Wellness
- White Chocolate Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.