I have a super simple snacking ideas for you: Pumpkin Spice Chickpeas. A childhood memory I have is eating big bowls of popcorn that my mom would make from the popcorn machine on Friday nights.
These Pumpkin Spice Chickpeas are my protein packed alternative to popcorn. Who says food can’t taste good and be healthy?
Dave and I went to yoga Monday evening for a hot vinyasa fusion class. The room is heated (but not too terribly) and the humidity was at around 95%. Needless to say I was drenched 15 minutes into class. We were working through some hip opening moves, and I’ve been really really neglectful of stretching and well honestly, I was dying! But just when I needed it Lauren (the instructor) said “Fill your head with your breath instead of your thoughts”. I felt like she was speaking directly to me!
Pumpkin Spice Chickpeas Recipe Tips
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
These pumpkin spice chickpeas are the perfect snacking option, they are high in fiber and protein (and you made them at home and know the ingredients!). Try them out, I promise you won’t regret it :) I can makes 3.5 servings, 110 calories, 6 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber! I would store these in a zip lock bag on the counter for 1-2 days most.
Roasted Pumpkin Pie Spiced Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Put chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and 1 packet stevia.
- Mix until all chickpeas are covered with spice mixture.
- Pour chickpeas on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray (I use coconut oil). Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way.
- Now the important part: As soon as these are done, you will need to spray them again lightly with coconut oil or your non-stick cooking spray and coat with additional teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and stevia packet. The oil will help ensure that the spices stick to the chickpeas.
- How do you know these are done? They will shrink significantly and all the moisture will be removed, If you taste test one, it should be crunchy. I often make these then turn off the oven and let them sit an additional 5-7 minutes in hot oven so that all the moisture has been removed.
- Wait until you are done cooking to add the extra pumpkin pie spice and stevia as you want the flavor to be prominent. Leave the chickpeas on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to cool before putting away if you can, to ensure they will all be crunchy!
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
Sugar and Pepper say namaste!
What about you?
- What do you do to get out of your own head?
- Does your yoga teacher ever say something to you and it just changes everything about your week?