A cookie-like crust, covered in a light and fluffy rich peanut butter filling, drizzled in a chocolaty sweet splendor. Sounds pretty decadent right? Don’t let the taste fool you – this peanut butter pie has some stellar nutritional stats at 132 calories a slice and 11 grams of protein. It’s heavenly!
Yesterday I wanted to get out my “something sweet Saturday” where I attempt to give you something ooey gooey yet clean and healthy. I try to make something on the weekends that will fulfill my craving for a treat, but not leave me saying “why did I just eat that entire carton of ice cream!” afterwords. But, the day got away from me so you get it today instead!
Saturday was Charlotte’s Weenie Roast where a ton of bands were in town so Dave and I met up with some friends and listened to some awesome music! Foster the People and Fuel were great. We had to leave before the featured band Weezer – we were exhausted (I taught spin Saturday morning and was go-go-go all day with work before heading up to the Weenie Roast). Yes we were on the lawn (pictures below) but the energy there was great – people from all walks of life and ages were there just rocking out together. So awesome!!
- Quinoa protein crust:
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 dates soaked in ¼ cup hot water
- ⅛ cup chopped pecans
- 2 scoops stevia powder (or 1 packet sweetner of choice)
- 1 2% Fage Greek yogurt plain
- 3 tbs natural peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 4 tbs peanut flour
- ¼-1/2 cup almond milk
- 8-10 scoops stevia or 4-5 packets sweetener of choice.
- Combine all ingredients (including the water from your dates) in food processor. Once at desired consistency, push mixture down into pie plate. Here's a tip: Use wet hands to spread the mixture so it won't sticking to your hands!
- Cook 15 minutes at 350.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. For the almond milk, add ¼ cup of almond milk and combine. You may need up to ½ cup of almond milk, so add an additional tablespoon at a time until at desired consistency. The amount of liquid you will need will depend on the Greek yogurt and peanut butter you use.
- Add the peanut butter filling to pie crust after crust has cooled. Put pie in freezer 20 minutes if adding chocolate drizzle. Otherwise, place in fridge to allow to cool 1 hour before enjoying.
- To apply chocolate drizzle: melt chocolate chips in bowl for 1:30 (30 seconds at a time please! Stir after each 30 second intervals so you don't burn your chocolate! ). Add ⅛ tsp coconut oil to help with consistency. Drizzle with fork using quick motions refrigerate to help chocolate to harden.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
I also want to reflect on the week for anyone who’s been as busy as me and hasn’t had the time to read – lets catch up 🙂
This week was one of those weeks where I just had so much to do with not enough time to do it in. My full time job is in the middle of busy season so it’s been pretty non-stop for me. I’m so glad I have this blog to keep my creativity up, since most of the work I have right now doesn’t involve being creative – think excel spreadsheets for hours.
On Monday we started strong with my favorite workout day – Legs! There’s just no other day that compares. For those who are new to working out, or perhaps have an injury they are working through, I put together a great Beginner Series Leg Workout!
Tuesday I shared my secret delight for granola, and my dislike of the calories packed in most granola out there. So I made my own – Pumpkin Spiced Granola! It’s super easy and a must try. I hope it becomes your new go-to cereal with milk or new favorite topper for yogurt…. I’ve been known to simply just grab handfuls by itself.
I think What I Ate Wednesdays (#WIAW) is here to stay at Pancake Warriors. This was my first participation and it was a blast! If you haven’t checked it out you should – especially if you’re a blogger or in need for some food inspiration. I seriously want to lick my computer screen with most of these posts! The highlight was the best Sweet Potatoes EVER, I’m not kidding!.
On Thursday I shared with you my struggle to lose weight and keep it off. That is, until I started to remove the processed foods from my life and living a clean eating lifestyle. This was my most viewed post of the week 🙂 – thanks everyone.
Fitness Friday! It’s a work in progress, but I have a ton of ideas to keep moving it forward! It was a last second thought on Thursday night. If you have a blog and have any posts about fitness, health, or workouts please link up with us!
Come back tomorrow and check out the Beginners Series Chest and Back exercises!