These crispy roasted brussel sprouts with garlic dijon sauce are the perfect weeknight side dish or the perfect healthy snack! Vegan, paleo, Whole30, keto friendly and so incredibly easy to make.
Why you'll love Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Growing up the only vegetables I liked were corn, peas, carrots and potatoes (not a veggie I know). I didn’t grow up eating zucchini, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, spinach, kale or any of the veggies that I stock my fridge with today.
I think part of the reason for this was lack of accessibility to these foods, but the other part was that people weren’t roasting veggies back then. The veggies in the 90’s were all boiled or steamed and trust me you don’t want to have steamed or boiled brussel sprouts (bleh).
But luckily roasting veggies is now popular and makes ordinary veggies extraordinary! And because the oven does all the work, this recipe for crispy roasted brussel sprouts with garlic dijon sauce is pretty hands off!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
How to make crispy brussel sprouts in the oven
To make crispy brussel sprouts in the oven you only need a few key ingredients/equipment
- Brussel sprouts cut in half for roasting
- A hot oven (425F or higher)
- Cooking oil that can withstand high heats (I like to use Avocado Oil)
- Garlic olive oil or garlic powder at the end of roasting
How to trim brussel sprouts for roasting
Brussel sprouts actually grown on a stalk (and sometimes can be bought on the stalk during the fall season). However, most brussel sprouts have been removed from the stalk and bagged or are sold in bulk for easy transportation to the store. Because of this, there is often a brown, woody stalk that needs to be trimmed from the base of the brussel sprout before cooking.
To trim brussel sprouts, you want to trim away just the end of the brussel sprout, trying to keep the leaves of the brussel intact. Once the bottom of the brussel has been trimmed, cut the brussel in half lengthwise for roasting.
How long does it take to roast brussel sprouts at 425F?
Once the brussels have been trimmed and cut in half, they need to be coated in oil and roasted at 425F for 25-27 minutes total. At the 20 minute mark, you will want to take the brussel sprouts from the oven and shake them around to ensure they are crispy on both sides.
How do you make brussel sprouts taste good?
One of my favorite ways to make brussel sprouts taste good is to make sure they are properly salted and to make sure there is something good to dip them in!
I highly recommend serving these crispy roasted brussel sprouts with garlic dijon sauce to amp up the flavor and make them incredibly tasty.
How to make garlic dijon sauce
What I love about this sauce is that it only requires a few ingredients and is good on all veggies, including brussel sprouts.
Combine together the following ingredients in a bowl with a spoon. No blender or fancy equipment needed!
- Tahini (or almond butter)
- Coarse dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic olive oil
- Herbs de provence or Italian seasoning blend of herbs
If you like this recipe for crispy roasted brussel sprouts, you might also like:
- Whole30 Sriracha brussel sprouts
- Shaved brussel sprouts salad with creamy balsamic dressing
- Paleo Brussel sprouts with creamy dijon sauce
- Apple brussel sprout hash
Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Dijon Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Trim the brown woody edges from the brussel sprouts if needed. Cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise
- Place parchment paper or a silicon liner on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the brussels to the baking sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tsp salt over the brussels. Stir them well with your hands
- Place brussels in the oven for 20 minutes at 425F.
- After 20 minutes, remove the brussels from the oven and flip them around, making sure that both sides can get brown and crispy. Place brussels back in the oven
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes at 425F. While brussels are baking, make the garlic dijon sauce
- After 5 minutes, remove the brussels and pour 1 tbsp garlic olive oil (or 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp garlic powder) over the brussels. Stir well and place back in the oven 2 more minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the brussels and serve with the garlic dijon sauce
Garlic dijon sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the garlic dijon sauce in a small bowl and stir well with a spoon until combined.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!