These crispy roasted brussel sprouts with garlic dijon sauce are the perfect weeknight side dish or the perfect healthy snack! Vegan, paleo, Whole30, keto friendly and so incredibly easy to make.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make – roasting brussel sprouts is so easy – all you need is a hot oven and some patience! Be sure not to overcrowd the sheet pan as they are roasting! They get golden brown and carnalized on the outside – the perfect side dish for any meal!
- Simple ingredients – you can find the ingredients to make these crispy brussel sprouts in any grocery store! And the garlic dijon mustard dressing takes these roasted brussel sprouts to the next level!
- Crowd-pleasing – even the pickiest eaters fall in love with these roasted brussel sprouts. They are good enough to be a appetizer at game day parties or holiday parties. The dijon mustard dip makes the dish, so don’t skip it!
How to make crispy brussel sprouts in the oven
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Cut brussel sprouts cut in half for roasting (cut them in quarters if they are very large)
Coat the brussel sprouts in avocado oil, salt and garlic powder (or garlic olive oil for low FODMAP)
Place the brussel sprouts on a baking sheet (I like to line mine with parchment paper for easy clean up).
Roast at 425F for 30 minutes.
How to make garlic dijon sauce
What I love about this sauce is that it only requires a few ingredients and is good on all veggies, including brussel sprouts.
Combine together the following ingredients in a bowl with a spoon. No blender or fancy equipment needed!
- Tahini (or almond butter)
- Coarse dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Herbs de provence or Italian seasoning blend of herbs
How to trim brussel sprouts for roasting
Brussel sprouts actually grown on a stalk (and sometimes can be bought on the stalk during the fall season). However, most brussel sprouts have been removed from the stalk and bagged or are sold in bulk for easy transportation to the store. Because of this, there is often a brown, woody stalk that needs to be trimmed from the base of the brussel sprout before cooking.
To trim brussel sprouts, you want to trim away just the end of the brussel sprout, trying to keep the leaves of the brussel intact. Once the bottom of the brussel has been trimmed, cut the brussel in half lengthwise for roasting.
How long does it take to roast brussel sprouts at 425F?
Once the brussels have been trimmed and cut in half, they need to be coated in oil and roasted at 425F for 25-27 minutes total. At the 20 minute mark, you will want to take the brussel sprouts from the oven and shake them around to ensure they are crispy on both sides.
How do you make brussel sprouts taste good?
One of my favorite ways to make brussel sprouts taste good is to make sure they are properly salted and to make sure there is something good to dip them in!
I highly recommend serving these crispy roasted brussel sprouts with garlic dijon sauce to amp up the flavor and make them incredibly tasty. You could also use lemon herb tahini or spicy tahini sauce for dipping.
If you like this recipe, you should try
- Sriracha brussel sprouts
- Shaved brussel sprouts salad with creamy balsamic dressing
- Apple brussel sprout hash
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus
- Air Fryer Smashed Brussel Sprouts
Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Dijon Sauce
Guided Recipe Video
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Garlic Dijon Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini - or almond butter
- 2 tbsp coarse dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil - or garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Trim the brown woody edges from the brussel sprouts if needed. Cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise
- Place parchment paper or a silicon liner on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the brussels to the baking sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tsp salt over the brussels. Stir them well with your hands
- Place brussels in the oven for 20 minutes at 425F.
- After 20 minutes, remove the brussels from the oven and flip them around, making sure that both sides can get brown and crispy. Place brussels back in the oven
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes at 425F. While brussels are baking, make the garlic dijon sauce
- After 5 minutes, remove the brussels and pour 1 tbsp garlic olive oil (or 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp garlic powder) over the brussels. Stir well and place back in the oven 2 more minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the brussels and serve with the garlic dijon sauce
Garlic dijon sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the garlic dijon sauce in a small bowl and stir well with a spoon until combined.
Monday 20th of July 2020
I just finished these and haven’t even taken them to the table and I can’t stop!!! They are sooo good. So with quarantine I didn’t have an tahini but I whipped some up in my Vitamix since I had a big jar of sesame seeds! And I didn’t have herb de Provence but I just had to leave it out. It was a tad Strong so I added a splash of maple syrup so I know the kids will be able to eat it. Thanks for a great recipe to break up the monotony of dinner 😀
Wednesday 18th of December 2019
Another amazing recipe! 😋 I love Brussels sprouts anyway but that sauce is delish! Could’ve skipped the rest of my dinner and eaten only this!
Monday 16th of September 2019
My hubs and kiddos. Yes kids ask for these The dip is AMAZING. Bet you can’t stop.
Thursday 18th of July 2019
These are so good & simple - I’ve made this multiple times! For leftovers, I reheat them on the stove top in a nonstick pan and get your crispy edges back.