You are going to love these simple Whole30 tuna stuffed peppers for lunch or dinner! They are so simple and made with everyday ingredients you probably already have in the house! Gluten free, paleo and grain free, these simple tuna stuffed peppers are the perfect low carb meal idea!
Why you'll love this Tuna Stuffed Peppers recipe
I have shared this recipe for tuna stuffed peppers with so many of my clients, but I have yet to share it here with you! I can't believe it's taken me so long! This is my go to lunch idea when you want something tasty but have absolutely no desire to cook! This recipe is also great with canned salmon, sardines and I've heard it's great with canned chicken also (but I haven't tried it).
So I have a confession, I absolutely despise mayonnaise. So for a long time I would mix my tuna with dijon mustard and sea salt and call it a day. But one day I mixed it with leftover guacamole to make a Mexican inspired tuna salad and it was so good! I mean, let's be honest, you really can't go wrong with guacamole as an ingredient right? PS if you don't have time or can't seem to keep a good avocado at your house, you can also use one single serving packet of guacamole in place of the avocado in this recipe. You may want to also adjust the spices (including the salt) to account for this.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
How to add more vegetables to tuna stuffed peppers
When I started working with clients, I found that many of them were struggling to get their veggies in. Adding riced cauliflower to dishes like this was an easy way to increase the veggies without ever even tasting it! The spices and texture of the tuna make it so you don't even noticed the added cauliflower rice! If you absolutely do not like cauliflower or can't have it, you could also mix in shredded zucchini or chopped snap peas as well!
These simple Whole30 tuna stuffed peppers are the perfect lunch idea! You can make them (and stuff them) the night before and take them with you for a simple lunch that is easy to eat while you are at work! The bell pepper adds crunch and a little sweetness, so if you wanted to drizzle sriracha or hot sauce on these, I wouldn't blame you :)
Simple Whole30 Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- In a bowl, mash the avocado. Add the red onion, cilantro, salt, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder and stir well
- Add in the cooked riced cauliflower (you can microwave it for 2-3 minutes from frozen) to the avocado and spices.
- Drain the tuna (in water) and add to the avocado mixture
- To cut the pepper turn it upside down so it sits on the stem. Use where the pepper naturally forms bumps at the top to trace where you should cut to make the cups. Follow the lines down to the bottom. Remove the seeds
- Fill the bell pepper cups with the tuna mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Do you like mayo in your tuna?
- What is one of your go to lunch ideas?