Hello lovelies! How is everyones’s weekend going? I spent as much time indoors as possible eating roasted carrots with my hands like they were candy. Dave and my sister both thought theses roasted maple cinnamon carrots taste like mixed nuts – maybe that’s why I can’t keep my hands off of them? If you have a picky eater on your hands, try this recipe out – you might just get surprised. Bonus, if you buy a bag of mixed carrots, you can entertain your picky eater with the white, yellow and purple carrots while still getting all the benefits of carrots!
I simply cannot get use to this cold weather. I really should look into moving somewhere tropical soon. But until then I will stay warm cooking in the kitchen at hanging out in hot yoga. I spent Saturday morning at yoga for Shake Your Asana. Hello dance party at 8:30 am. 🙂 I froze on the way there but as soon as I walked into the studio I knew it was exactly where I belonged. Yoga has a funny way of doing that to me. I had a big stupid grin on my face during the first few vinyassa flows we did. The awesome music got me right in the mood to let go and try new things. I was able to get this on my left side today. Awesome right? I thought it was!
Dave suggested a new workout routine for me. I think he is trying to kill me. Today I had to do 3 sets of 40 walking lunges followed by 3 sets of 50 leg presses. Holy guacamole I wanted to puke! Luckily I won Vega Recovery from the Avocado Athlete (hi Annie!) and I was able to down a recovery drink right after this killer workout! I will keep you posted on how I feel tomorrow 🙂
I did my good deed of the
day week and bought the lady behind me in Starbucks a coffee today. My sister swears I’m in the holiday spirit. It’s probably all the Thanksgiving food I’ve eaten over the past 2 weeks that makes me think it should be Christmas already. Maybe she is right, I honestly was just doing something good for someone :). She said she’d pay it forward – perfect.
Ok, speaking of doing something nice for someone, I’m going to be nice to you and share this amazing cinnamon carrots recipe. It’s very easy and the carrots could be roasted ahead of time and then just glazed right before serving. Talk about a perfect Thanksgiving or holiday party dish! This honestly would be perfect for the weekday as well, so give it a try and bribe your kids with vegetables 🙂
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Carrots
These Roasted Maple Cinnamon Carrots taste like mixed nuts! Sneak in more veggies into your day with this delicious snack or side dish.
- 1/2 package carrots sliced into small coins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- non-stick spray I use coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper Spray parchment with non-stick spray. Distribute carrot coins on the parchment paper and add salt, cinnamon and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Redistribute carrots so that they are not piled up on top of each other (it doesn't have to be perfect).
- Put carrots in the oven. Roast for 25 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, combine the ingredients for the glaze.
- Remove carrots from the oven. If you are making these for a later time, this would be where you put them in the fridge after cooling for a bit on the baking sheet.
- Once ready to eat, add the carrots to the glaze and stir, making sure all the carrot coins are covered in the glaze.
- Carefully redistribute the carrots back on the parchment lined baking sheet, making sure that you don't just pour the mixture out. There should be some liquid left in the bowl after the carrots have been removed.
- Add carrots back to 425 oven for 7 minutes. While carrots are in the oven again, add the pecans to the remaining glaze.
- Take carrots out of oven and add pecans. Roast 5 minutes more.
Maple syrup has zinc and manganese in it which helps boost the immune system. This is great for around the holiday and this time of year to keep your happy and healthy – especially with all the traveling. So don’t skip on the maple syrup!
Enjoy. Eat with fingers or as a side dish. I promise I won’t judge you if you eat them ALL.
What About You?
- Ever been to a shake your asana class?
- Have you done a kind deed this week?
- Would you let someone in line by you a coffee?