Peanut Lime Dressing turns this salad into everything you are looking for after a heavy week of eating! The crunchy veggies, quinoa, peanuts, and avocado are the perfect combination with the Asian inspired peanut lime dressing! The crunchy veggies won’t wither or break down in the dressing either, so it’s perfect for entertaining.
I’ve been focusing my efforts this week in eating lots of veggies and quality protein because let’s be honest, all I want to do is eat all the cookies and all the pie. Sigh I really do love cookies and pie. Which is why I find ways to still be able to enjoy these yummy treats all week without feeling a bit of guilt.
Before we talk about all my healthy eats, lets quick recap Thanksgiving mmmk?
Breakfast (after Turkey Trot): Chocolate Banana Pancakes which I smeared homemade nutella on. That’s the way we start a holiday here at PancakeWarriors. Don’t worry I went to the gym with Dave shortly after these were consumed and burned a ton of calories doing leg day! It’s up in the air on if these were better than my carrot cake pancakes or not!
Dinner: Salmon, sweet potato casserole, butternut squash, cranberry jelly, green bean casserole, and wild rice stuffing. It was fantastic. Everyone else had ham or turkey and cornbread muffins. I prefer extra sweet potato casserole over the cornbread honestly. There were just so many awesome foods, check out our thanksgiving recipes!
Ok back to this week:
Promise you won’t hate me when I say this. It was almost 70 degrees here Monday. I’ve been rocking my green smoothies this week because well when it’s warm it’s my favorite way to start the day. The vega one proats will be back soon though I”m sure.
I made my new favorite salad for lunch both Monday and Tuesday. I’ve been a bit burnt out on traditional salads lately. The spring mix just does not look good right now and I’m always drawn to Brussels this time of the year. What has made this extra special is the dressing. Peanut lime. Seriously delish. I’ve been topping this salad with sesame seared ahi tuna this week and I seriously enjoy every single bite. It’s so good.
I also started making candied vanilla cinnamon nuts (recipe to come because ohmygawh are they good. And addictive). You will seriously be someone’s favorite person if you gift them these nuts.
Honey crisp apples and I have been having a regular 4pm rendezvous lately. I have been craving something sweet after my lunch sweat sessions and these babies have been doing the trick. So.flipping,good!
Also my dogs are pretty much in love with kabocha squash. I had a ton left over from last weeks meal prep and decided to share with them since I was going to go bad. Lol it was like doggie crack I swear!
In an effort to eat better during the week I present you with Crunchy Winter Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing!
Make more amazing homemade dressings!
Crunchy Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing
- 1/4 head red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 package shaved Brussels Sprouts about 1 cup
- 1/2 Red and Yellow Bell Pepper sliced thin
- 2 carrots finely shredded
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry
- 1 cup water to cook quinoa
- In small saucepan, cook quinoa according to directions on package (rince, double the water to quinoa, boil covered about 15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, chop veggies and peanuts. Mix all veggies in a large bowl. Add quinoa once slightly cooled.
- Cut 1/4 from the lime and squeeze it over the avocado that you cut. Use the remaining lime and remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Combine everything in a small bowl with a fork or shake in a mason jar to combine. Make sure the peanut flour has not clumped (you may way to stir with a fork initially).
This dressing is fantastic. Be prepared to want this salad for a few days straight. I’ll be eating it on Wednesday as well! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
What about you?
- What are you eating now that we are officially in the Holiday Season?
- Have you been eating regular salads or have you changed it up as well?
- Do you make your own dressing at home?