This cruciferous crunch salad with lemon tahini dressing is going to become your new go-to meal prep salad. Not only is this salad incredibly easy to make, but it holds up well in the fridge for days and is vegan, gluten free, paleo and Whole30 approved!
I just finished my Whole30 and it was a great reminder for me that meal prep really is important when you have specific goals with nutrition. I would not have made it though my busy afternoons without meal prepping for at least 20-30 minutes on a Sunday. If you have been struggling during the week to make good decisions when it comes to food, especially at those critical “I’m so hungry I could eat the entire house” you need this salad in your life!
Why I love this salad? Well to start with, Trader Joe’s did just about 100% of the prep for me (thanks Trader Joe’s). Second, it’s incredibly filling. The cruciferous vegetables are full of fiber and actually stretch your stomach, making you feel full and satisfied on very few calories. This salad is incredibly nutrient dense! Yup you will get a plate full of vitamins and minerals all coated in the most incredible dressing! You are going to crave this salad, I promise. That brings me to my favorite part of this salad. The dressing. OMG it”s amazing.
I started obsessing over tahini 2 years ago. After a very bad experience with tahini, I decided to try it again and it’s amazing. I prefer it over almond butter or olive oil in dressings now. Yup it’s that good. Hopefully you are on the tahini train as well! What really makes this dressing amazing though is the combination of citrus from the lemon, the salty hit from the dijon and the creaminess of the tahini. All perfectly balanced to offset the earthy flavors of the cruciferous crunch salad ingredients.
And the best part, this salad actually gets better as it sits in the fridge. So it’s perfect for food prep! If you need more ideas for the perfect food prep meals, you should check out this whole30 cauliflower potato salad, these Whole30 Sundried Tomato Turkey Sliders, these Buffalo Salmon Bites, no bake chocolate strawberry bites, smoked salmon frittata, or this sesame ginger broccoli slaw.
Watch just how easy and quickly this salad comes together in the video below.
Cruciferous Crunch Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- In a large bowl combine the cruciferous crunch salad with the broccoli slaw.
- In a small jar, combine the tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder and 3 tbs. of water. Combine well. You can add up to 1 more tbs. of water depending on the consistency.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mix. Mix well until completely coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3-4 days
- Note: if you can't find cruciferous crunch salad mix, combine 3 cups chopped kale, 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage, 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts and 1/2 cup broccoli slaw.
What about you?
- I have to know, what recipes do you recommend for meal prep?
- Do you love cruciferous vegetables?