Try this coconut paleo granola today for a crunchy, sweet snack or topping. It’s so easy to make, gluten free, grain free, and paleo. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and only has 7 ingredients. I have to warn you though, this stuff is crazy addicting and should not be out on the counter in view as you walk by… it will disappear in no time! Not that I know from experience or anything.
Granola, one of my favorite snacks! It’s crunchy texture makes it the perfect topping for all my favorite breakfast items, you know green smoothie bowls, greek yogurt, chia bowls or oatmeal. I have made this recipe like 5 times in the past week and a half. Dave and I just are not getting tired of having it around. It’s a little dangerous how good it is!
What I love about this grain free coconut paleo granola is how filling it is. The ingredients are simple and the taste is just amazing. The coconut flakes get golden and crispy and you just want to pick them out of the granola and eat them one by one… or at least that is exactly what I want to do! This paleo granola is very allergy friendly as well, since Dave has a tree and peanut allergy I just used sunflower and pumpkin seeds. The result is crunchy granola and the best part I didn’t have to chop any nuts, which means this comes together in literally 3 minutes! You know you are excited to try this!
When I first started my fitness journey, I gorged myself in granola, thinking it was a healthier option than cereal. After quickly realizing how many calories were in store bought granola, I stopped eating it like it was cereal and started adding it as a topping or only had it on special occasions. Soon enough I was making my own granola, so I could control the quality of ingredients and the amount of added sugar.
Although I don’t worry so much anymore about calories, I do worry about the quality of the food I am putting in my body. The coconut provides healthy fat and fiber and the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds provide protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals that are essential to building the healthy fat burning body I want to have! And the best part, it tastes amazing!
Just a quick tip, you will need two different kinds of coconut for this coconut paleo granola recipe. Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes like you can find at Trader Joe’s or in the regular grocery store and the larger coconut flakes/chips (affiliate link) like these. I picked up my coconut flakes at Whole Foods because I ran out of the bag I bought online in like 3 days… woops! They were actually pretty well priced at Whole Foods as well.
Coconut Paleo Granola
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Combine the egg white, cinnamon, stevia, salt and honey in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes. Stir well to combine.
- Carefully stir in the large coconut flakes and mix, trying not to break them down too much.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with nonstick spray.
- Be sure to spread the granola out into a single layer.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break up the granola with a spoon or your hands (it's hot).
- Place back in oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
What about you?
- What is your favorite way to enjoy granola?
- What would be your favorite ingredients in granola?
- Do you have a snack that you just can’t stop eating right now?