This banana bread is the combination of all of my favorite flavors, maybe yours too! Chocolate, peanut butter, banana bread. This chocolate peanut butter banana bread has a center layer of peanut butter and coconut sugar, oh yeah it’s so decadent! It didn’t last a day in my house. It’s a one bowl recipe, you simply mash the bananas and add the remaining ingredients, stir and pour into a greased mini loaf pan. Super easy right? This chocolate peanut butter banana bread recipe is also: vegan, gluten free, high protein, low fat, and free of refined sugar.
This chocolate peanut butter banana bread will curb any craving you are having for something sweet. The protein powder makes this a better option for breakfast than traditional banana bread and the flax eggs provide fiber so this bread is extremely filling. Let’s be honest though, you can easily eat 2-3 slices because it is that good. This banana bread is perfect if you are trying to be more mindful of your eating in the new year. It’s made of wholesome ingredients that you can be happy about putting in your body. If you choose not to add the coconut sugar this is a completely sugar free bread! And it will certainly be just as good.
When Dave and I started dating, I would stand back in awe at the amount of peanut butter he would glob on his pancakes, yogurt, and eat by the spoonful claiming he needed more fat to meet his macros. Needless to say, I know the way to his heart (and it is clearly though his stomach) covered in peanut butter :) Not surprisingly, I was instructed by Dave that I use 3 times the peanut butter swirl in this next batch. He really does love it! If you are the same way, feel free to double the peanut butter, it really is such a wonderful surprise!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I have experimented with so many banana bread recipes in the past. I was always trying to make them as low calorie as possible. This is less of a focus for me now, as I try to focus now on the ingredients being wholesome providing fuel for my body. I still try not to add any unnecessary ingredients, and I have made this recipes as “bare bones” as I think it can get. I guess what I’m saying is don’t leave out the coconut oil, it’s important. It helps elevate the chocolate and without it, the bread lacks the flavor profile. That’s just my tip to you though :)
Also just a note, I made this chocolate peanut butter banana bread in a small loaf pan. I have found that it is much easier to get the center to cook through in the smaller loaf pans. There is also a shorter cooking time, so that is helpful when I want the peanut butter chocolate goodness NOW! You could easily double this recipe and make it in a large loaf pan, but I would add an additional 2 tbs. of oat flour to the batter and increase the cooking time to 50 minutes to 1 hour.
See just how easy these ingredients come together for this chocolate peanut butter banana bread in the video below.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder - I used Raw Fusion
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder
- 3 packets stevia - or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbs. peanut flour
- 2 tbs. almond flour
- 1 tsp. coconut oil - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tbs. oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make a flax egg by combining 1 tbs of flax meal with 3 tbs. water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mash banana in a large bowl.
- Add protein powder, coconut flour, cocoa powder, stevia, peanut flour, almond meal, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and oat flour and flax egg to the mashed bananas and stir to fully incorporate.
- Add baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Grease a mini loaf pan and add 1/2 of the batter to the pan.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter over the batter. Cover the peanut butter with coconut sugar.
- Add the remaining batter and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What About You?
- Gobs of peanut butter?
- Any “stand back in awe” of your significant others eating habits?
- Banana Bread for dessert or breakfast?