Make salad more exciting by adding BBQ salmon and avocado ranch dressing! This paleo friendly salad is perfect for Sunday supper or a simple weeknight meal. Ready in just a few minutes, this BBQ salmon salad with avocado ranch dressing is full of bold flavors which will have you craving salad instead of dreading it! Gluten free, grain free, paleo, whole30 approved!
The crunch from the fresh summer vegetables paired with the creamy avocado ranch dressing alone will have you in flavor heaven! Then adding the bbq salmon just takes this to a whole new level. Smoky, sweet, and buttery, this salmon will please even those picky eaters that claim they don’t like seafood!
Fun and interesting salads will always make me think of my dad. When I was a kid, we moved to NC with my mom, and would often visit my dad back in Philadelphia. Those trips were always filled with fun adventures to whatever new food adventure my dad has stumbled upon during the few short months we were gone. I remember the year I became a vegetarian, we ate falafel and fun salads from Whole Foods (before Whole Foods was the cool place to go), oh and plenty of pizza during that trip.
I love how adventurous my dad was with new foods and how quickly he was to pick up on a new food trend. He knew were all the fun vegan and vegetarian places were and was always taking me to the new health food stores with crazy hippy ingredients. I would be in absolute heaven in those stores now. I guess I shouldn’t be to surprised that I am such a stickler for fresh, healthy foods thinking back to my early experiences.
So as Father’s Day approaches, I started thinking what would be something my dad would appreciate? And this salad is full of things he loves! He would go crazy for this fresh, flavorful bbq salmon salad with avocado ranch dressing. Actually I think he would be a bit overwhelmed by the fact that I made avocado ranch dressing. But I know after his first bite he would be hooked!
The salmon can be made in just minutes, just follow the directions for my simple 7 minute salmon! Brush it with your favorite bbq sauce or use this no added sugar, paleo, cherry barbeque sauce over the salmon. The avocado ranch dressing comes together in just 2 minutes, you don’t even need a food processor or blender, just a fork and a little patience. See I promised you simple and quick! The perfect Sunday supper or weeknight dinner!simReady in 10 minutes, this bbq salmon salad with avocado ranch dressing is the perfect #paleo… Click To Tweet
BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce I used paleo cherry barbeque sauce
- 4 salmon fillets
- 10 cups salad mix
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 2 medium avocado
- 3 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk or water
For the salmon, follow the directions for this 7 minute salmon
As soon as salmon comes out of the broiler, add 1 tbs. bbq sauce to each fillet.
Assemble the salad by adding salad greens, chopped red bell pepper, chopped cucumber, chopped tomato and shredded carrots to a bowl and toss.
Top with the bbq salmon
Avocado Ranch Dressing
In a shallow bowl, mash the avocado. Add the spices, apple cider vinegar and milk and stir until well combined.
Pour the salad dressing over the salad right before enjoying!
Appetizers & Snacks:
- Best Popcorn Ever (with Nutritional Yeast!!) by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Homemade Pretzel Recipe by April Golightly
- Nana’s Pimento Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Sweet Tea Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Pancakes by Family Around The Table
- Steak & Egg Breakfast Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
Condiments & Sauces:
- Apple Crisp by Ninja Baker
- Banana Berry Bread by Desserts Required
- Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Black Bourbon Walnut Brownies with Maple-Candied Bacon by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cherry Garcia Bars by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes by Crazed Mom Lifestyle & Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coconut Cream Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tempura Strawberries by Baking Sense
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Fresh Whipped Cream by Helpful Homemade
- Peach Crumble Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Personal Banana Cream Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Maizena Tamal by Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Carrot Cake by Jennifer Cooks
- Bacon Patty Melts by Cookin’ Mimi
- BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by PancakeWarriors
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie Casserole by Cooking Chat
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Carolina-Style BBQ Burger by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fried Chicken by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Chicken and Beef Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Peppers by Monica’s Table
- Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philly Style Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone by The Hungry Goddess
- Sharp Cheddar and Crispy Onion Burgers with Horseradish Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Garlic-Chive Aioli by Wholistic Woman
- Turkey Chorizo Burgers with Guacamole by Books n’ Cooks
- Vegetarian “Philly Cheesesteak” by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Walnut Cauliflower Zucchini Boats by Beauty and the Beets
- Chipotle Lime Cole Slaw by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- The Ultimate BLT Pasta Salad by Cooking with Carlee
Plus What Dad Really Wants for Father’s Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.