Cool off this summer with this Watermelon Mint Mocktail. Just as refreshing as your favorite cocktail but you can enjoy this anytime! Vegan, paleo, gluten free and only 3 ingredients! The perfect summer treat!
Dave and I started making this super refreshing watermelon mint mocktail when we first experienced the heat of the summers in Austin TX. Let’s be honest, drinking water 24/7 gets kind of boring, but this watermelon mint mocktail is the perfect compromise! It’s refreshing, hydrating and so delicious.
This watermelon mint mocktail reminds me of a naturally sweetened mojito! Who doesn’t love a good mojito in the summer heat? The fresh mint paired with fresh lime juice is the perfect combination for a refreshing drink!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
What do you need to make Whole30 Watermelon Mint Mocktail?
- Frozen watermelon chunks or fresh watermelon and ice cubes
- Fresh mint
- Fresh lime juice
- Water (or sparkling water see below)
How do you make Watermelon Mocktails?
- Start by freezing fresh watermelon in chunks. You can do this by placing the watermelon chunks on a sheet pan until frozen. Once frozen, store in a zip lock bag.
- After the watermelon is frozen, blend frozen watermelon, fresh mint and fresh lime juice in the blender with water, and serve immediately.
If you do not have time to freeze the watermelon ahead of time, you can use fresh watermelon and a few ice cubes to create the same slushy mocktail.
This recipe can also be made with sparkling water. You do not want to blend the sparkling water though. Add just enough water to the blender to get the watermelon, mint and lime juice to combine. Pour in the bottom of a glass and top with sparkling water.
Can you make this Watermelon Mocktail ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this watermelon mint mocktail up to 24 hours in advance.
You can also pour the watermelon mint mocktail into an ice tray and freeze to enjoy later. You can use those frozen ice cubes to blend up and make a slushy like mocktail or add the mocktail ice cubes to flavor water. This would be great added to sparkling water as well!
Money Saving Tip:
In the middle of summer when you can get super ripe yummy watermelon for almost nothing, you have to try this tip! Buy an extra watermelon and while the cutting board is already messy, cut up a second watermelon and freeze the chunks in a freezer bag. Once frozen, the watermelon cubes can be used like ice to flavor your water or you can use those chunks to make this super simple watermelon mint mocktail.
If you love this Watermelon Recipe you should try:
- Watermelon gazpacho
- Watermelon feta walnut salad!
- Skinny Mini Watermelon Margarita
- Chocolate Cherry Frozen Yogurt
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
Watermelon Mint Mocktail
Guided Recipe Video
- Cube watermelon. Place in ziplock bag and freeze.
- Place frozen watermelon, lime juice, mint and water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately or pour into ice tray and freeze for later!