You are going to love this super simple frozen vegetable soup! No chopping required and it’s ready in under 30 minutes! Yup homemade vegan, paleo and Whole30 approved vegetable soup in under 30 minutes, you won’t bother buying the stuff in a can ever again!
This frozen vegetable soup is one of my top go-to recipes. It’s simple enough that I can have it simmering away on the stove while I’m doing my meal prep, since I don’t have to do anything except open bags of frozen veggies. Like I said, this soup is super simple!
I mentioned before, one of my key tips for my clients who who want to learn how to eat healthy even when they are short on time is to stock their freezer full of vegetables. Frozen veggies can be transformed into soup like this frozen vegetable soup, slow cooker cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower guacamole, or just as a simple side dish to slow cooker shredded chicken and a baked sweet potato.
Back to this frozen vegetable soup! One of my tips on making a vegetable based dish taste like it’s been cooking all day is balsamic vinegar! It cuts through that canned tomato taste like nothing else I’ve tried! Also my girl Rachael Ray taught me that vegetable stock is a great way to add lots of flavor quickly, so be sure to not skip that ingredient!
Here are some quick tips! You can use any of your favorite frozen vegetables, but I do have a few tips!
- You can use frozen butternut squash in place of the root veggies if you can’t find the root veggies in your local grocery store
- Check your veggies and make sure they are about bite size or your soup may be hard to eat! They do make chopped broccoli and chopped green beans, you just have to look for them!
If you make this recipe, please tag me @bites_of_wellness on Instagram! I love to see you making my recipes!
Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
See just how easy this soup is to make in the video below! Have questions? Ask them in the comments below!
Frozen Vegetable Soup
- 3.75 cup chopped frozen peppers 16 oz bag
- 2.5 cups frozen root vegetables 16 oz bag see notes for substitutions
- 2.5 cups frozen peas and carrots 16 oz bag
- 2 cups frozen green beans chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock organic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add the frozen veggies and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Frozen butternut squash or frozen sweet potato cubes
- Make your own root vegetable mix by combining:
- 1 cup of chopped sweet potatoes (2 small sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsnips (2 medium parsnips)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 of a large red onion)
What about you?
- Do you have a favorite frozen vegetable?
- What veggies do you always have on hand?
- What would you serve with this soup?