This easy watermelon gazpacho is the perfect summer soup. It’s slightly sweet, but bursting with flavor. This summer watermelon gazpacho is a combination of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, red onion, and the secret ingredient, watermelon! This cold soup comes together in no time, just chop the veggies, throw them in the blender, then refrigerate. The flavors become even more pronounced after sitting in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
Two of my favorite things about the summer are the abundance of tomatoes and always having watermelon in the house. I’ve been known to eat watermelon until I am physically going to burst. Actually, that happens almost every time I buy a watermelon – they are just so good. Surprisingly, I had some watermelon left over and I wanted to try it in a savory dish. I’ve had watermelon gazpacho at a restaurant before, but I assumed it would be too difficult to make at home. Well I could not have been more wrong. This was the easiest dish to bring together. And it just got better as it sat.
This recipe is a rough estimate, I used the “cups” on the side of my blender to guesstimate the amount of watermelon I used. I usually have all these ingredients on hand during the summer months, hopefully you do too! On those crazy hot days when you just want something cool and refreshing, you can serve this to the family or guests. This easy watermelon gazpacho would be great for summer brunch, it tastes better the longer the flavors have time to marry with each other, so overnight would be perfect.
GET MY 10 GREATEST RECIPES OF ALL TIME
If you love Watermelon on a hot day make sure to check out this Mint Watermelon Mocktail!
Easy Watermelon Gazpacho
- 4 cups watermelon - chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber - chopped
- 1/2 red onion - chopped
- 1 yellow pepper - chopped
- Juice 2 limes
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 2-4 tablespoons of parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper t o taste
- You will want to coarsely chop all the ingredients. Reserve 1/4 of the watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper and red onion to mix in after blending for texture.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in blender until combined. You don't need to worry about this being smooth, just combined well.
- Add ingredients to a large bowl. Add reserved ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours. Can serve for up to 3 days after making..
What about you?
- Do you love watermelon?
- What is your favorite summer produce?
- Have you ever made gazpacho?