Happy Holidays everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far! I’m sitting here sipping on this eggnog gingerbread smoothie and I’m in holiday flavor heaven! I don’t know about you but eggnog and gingerbread pretty much scream holiday to me, and they complement each other better than you would imagine! Holiday Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to celebrate the seasons best flavors – even when it’s cold outside!
This smoothie was inspired by my love for fro-yo. I love to mix in cookie pieces into my fro-yo and go to town. Last time I checked it was not appropriate to have fro-yo for breakfast though. So I decided I would make a smoothie and happily have my cookie crumble decadence for breakfast. Great idea right? Yeah I thought so too 🙂 Or you could have self control and wait to have this as dessert.
Last night I made eggnog ice cubes with 1/2 cup eggnog and 1/2 cup almond milk. Just mix and pour. This morning I had the perfect base for my smoothie ready for me!
To give this smoothie the slight tart of fro-yo, I’ve added greek yogurt. It adds protein too! My love affair with the Coconut Eggnog has not changed, and if you are trying to keep this dairy free, just add your favorite type of yogurt. You know I’m a protein lover, so I also added a scoop of vanilla protein to the party. This adds protein which helps you stay full for hours! Remember when I said this could be dessert? Well since its full of PROTEIN, it’s a perfect choice!
I don’t know about you but the right blender makes making smoothies so much easier. I know Dave has to chew his green smoothies every day because his blender is not very good at breaking up the ingredients. I was able to whip this smoothie up in 2 minutes flat because my blender destroys ice like no one’s business. I remember when I would have to chew my ice cubes using my old blender – not the way a girl with sensitive teeth wants to start her day 🙁 If you’re looking to upgrade your blender for faster smoothies check out this Ninja Blender. There are so many options available. No more chewing your smoothies!
If you want this to be more like a milkshake, reduce the almond milk by 1/2 cup.
Eggnog Gingerbread Smoothie
Get into the Holiday season with this amazing Eggnog Gingerbread Smoothie. You'll be jumping out of bed to each this amazing breakfast and you'll make extra as a snack for later! Protein packed and delicious!
- Mix 1/2 cup eggnog and 1/2 cup of almond milk and pour into ice cube molds 2-3 hours before (or the night before like I did).
- Peel and roughly chop a banana and freeze in plastic bag as well.
- Once ice is set, combine eggnog ice, frozen banana and remaining ingredients (excluding the gingerbread men) to a high powered blender. Blend 30 seconds and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once the smoothie is at the perfect consistency, add gingerbread men, and blend again 15-20 seconds or until chunks of gingerbread men are incorporated.
- Pour into 2 mason jars and enjoy!
What About You?!
- Have you ever had fro-yo for breakfast?!
- How is your blender? Do you have one on your Christmas list this year?
- Do you like gingerbread men?